Plugin conflict – Custom Sidebars Pro & Ocean Extra (OceanWP)

I'm running the OceanWP theme which requires the Ocean Extra plugin. However, this plugin conflicts with Custom Sidebars Pro. It runs but if I want to do any setup I need to deactivate Ocean Extra, make changes, and then reactivate. Otherwise I just get a spinning wheel when trying to edit anything or add a sidebar.

No idea what's involved in fixing that – is there any chance?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Jon,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

Looks like the issue is related to Ocean Extra custom plugins, About Me and Social to be more precise.
    This functions add_new_ocean_extra_social_ajax_trigger from about-me.php and add_new_ocean_extra_social_ajax_trigger from social.php seem to be what's causing it but I'm afraid that I'm not sure what the exact issue with the cause is.

I will provide this information to our developers so they can check if there's anything that we can do from our end but I would suggest forwarding this to Ocean Extra developers as well so they can also have a look at it.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jon,

I'm afraid that there's nothing we can do from our end as this error thrown is coming from the Ocean Extra plugin:

Uncaught TypeError: settings.data.search is not a function
        at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (widgets.php:18582)
        at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery.js:3)
        at HTMLDocument.r.handle (jquery.js:3)
        at Object.trigger (jquery.js:3)
        at Object.jQuery.event.trigger (jquery-migrate.js:633)
        at y (jquery.js:4)
        at XMLHttpRequest.c (jquery.js:4)

It's coming from this part:
    if ( settings.data.search( 'action=save-widget' ) != -1 && settings.data.search( 'id_base=' + widget_id_base) != -1 ) {

inside :

jQuery(document).ajaxSuccess(function(e, xhr, settings) {
        var widget_id_base = 'ocean_about_me';
        if ( settings.data.search( 'action=save-widget' ) != -1 && settings.data.search( 'id_base=' + widget_id_base) != -1 ) {
            oceanwpSortServices();
        }
    } );

Hopefully this information will help them with sorting this out quickly.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.