Plugin Conflict - Ultimate Facebook vs Join My Network

Hello,

I added the Join My Network (JMN) plugin and it was running fine. A week later, I added Ultimate Facebook and the JMN plugin stopped working. I noticed one other person had this problem in the JMN support forums.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sign-up-form-conflict

Since the developer of JMN doesn't have access to Ult Facebook's code, I was hoping someone at WPMUDEV could troubleshoot the conflict.

Thanks,
Chris

  • Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

    Hi Chris,

    I have just tried this myself, and do confirm an issue, however I can't determine whether the issue stems from our plugin or the join my multisite plugin.

    I'm going to flag one of our developers to take a look at this to see if he can spot something.

    For the developer (to replicate)

    Install Join my multisite plugin. (network activate)
    Install Ultimate FB & configure and set up the FB login/registration.

    Create a page on your multisite (main site for example) called Join (or any name you require)

    Add the following shortcode to the page.

    [join-my-multisite]

    Now in Dashboard > users > join my multisite

    Select the options as in the screenshot.

    Now (whilst logged out) visit the Join page you created, you should see a form, and also the Register with Facebook button at top.

    Click register with FB, nothing then works.

    Thanks

  • Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

    Hi Chris,

    We've just been looking into this further and the developers couldn't replicate this.

    However, we have discovered that this can be caused by some Extensions in the browser, in my particular case (with FF browser) it was the Blur (Do not track me) extension, which leads me to think that FB maybe blocking or causing issues with privacy/tracking extensions in browsers.

    Could you try & confirm this by disabling all browser extensions to see if it begins to work in your case?

    Thanks

  • Chris
    • The Bug Hunter

    I had turned off all extensions in FF and the problem still persists. I have tested this further and found that it's related to Open Graph. This is the second issue I've had related to Open Graph. The other was NicEdit.

    When I turn off Open Graph, the conflict goes away. What is it about Open Graph that causes these problems? Could you please try to replicate this with Open Graph turned on?

    One more thing, in settings for Join My Multisite, I have it set to automatic.

    Thanks,
    Chris

  • Tyler Postle
    • CGO

    Hey Chris,

    Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

    I can check out the WP Affiliate conflict while Umesh is looking into the other one here :slight_smile:

    However, since it is a premium plugin, we will need either FTP access or for you to send the Affiliate plugin file in so we can test it out.

    You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

    Send in:

    Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

    Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

    WP Access is optional but it may help us troubleshoot the issue.

    If you prefer to just send the file, then email it directly to contact [at] wpmudev.org and make sure the subject line is "Attn: Tyler Postle".

    Look forward to hearing back!

    All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.