Plugin Conflict – URL uses ISO Latin-1 instead of '&' character

I’m having a conflict between two non-WPMUDEV plugins. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Here are the plugins:

– Tips & Tricks HQ’s eStore

– iThemes Security

When iThemes Security is activated, it changes the eStore’s checkout URL from:

From: http://domain.com/collect-details/?wp_pg_gateway=pppro&is_eStore_co=1

After: http://domain.com/collect-details/?wp_pg_gateway=pppro#038;is_eStore_co=1

Any suggestions on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated I will contact the developers, but it will take them a long time. I thought there might be a quick answer here.

Thanks,

Chris

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there @chris

The easiest way around would be to url encode the first url (or function generating it) so iThemes does not pick up that character

php.net/manual/en/function.urlencode.php

Alternately just manually replace & with %26 and hope the % is not picked up by iThemes :smiley:

Cheers

Jude

• Chris
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Jude,

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried url encode and %26 … encoding actually produced %26 in the URL. Maybe I did it incorrectly as both failed. It must be & for string to work. Otherwise, the plugin returns an error.

Here is the code that is getting altered. I have highlighted the line with the & that is getting converted. I’ve tried to insert ‘&’ via a variable, but that didn’t work.

function wp_pg_submit_to_pppro()

{

$wp_pg_bundle_config = WP_Payment_Gateway_Bundle_Config::getInstance();

$url = $wp_pg_bundle_config->getValue(‘wp_pg_form_processing_url’:wink:;

if(empty($url)){

echo ‘You did not specify a value in the “Form Processing Page URL” field of the Payment Gateway Bundle plugin settings menu. Please fill out that field.’;

return;

}

$separator=’?’;

if(strpos($url,’?’:wink:!==false)

{

$separator=’&’;

}

$redirect_page = $url.$separator.’wp_pg_gateway=pppro’;

if(isset($_REQUEST) && $_REQUEST==’1′:wink:{

$redirect_page = $redirect_page.’&is_eStore_co=1′; // LOOK IN THIS LINE HERE

}

//Send to the order processing page

wp_pg_checkout_redirection($redirect_page,’pppro’:wink:;

}

Help please! :slight_smile: Could you provide an example of url encode for the code above?

• Chris
    • The Bug Hunter

This was a difficult problem that it seems many people have. No matter how many ways I changed the code, it was always filtered by WP when iThemes Security was turned on. It took several hours of searching to finally find an answer. It may be a bit hackish, according to the author, but I’ll happily take it for now and move on.

Solution: Add the following code to functions.php

add_filter('clean_url', 'so_handle_038', 99, 3);
    function so_handle_038($url, $original_url, $_context) {
    if (strstr($url, "yourdomain.come") !== false) {
    $url = str_replace("&", "&", $url); // or $url = $original_url
    }

return $url;
    }

Source: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9504142/loading-google-maps-api-with-wp-enqueue-script/9504653#9504653

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.