Plugin crashed my site and I am unable to disable.

After running automatic updates, I receive the following error message: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in /home/content/40/7337940/html/wp-content/plugins/mail-subscribe-list/sml.php on line 104

This happens on ALL pages I try to access and I can not even get into the dashboard to disable anything. My site is officially down. I need assistance as soon as possible however the so called "live" support is not available for more than 2 hours. I would like to speak to a live person to resolve this issue. I am only about a week or two into my new membership and have had nothing but problems with all plugins I have tried. Every time I have tried to get support, there have been issues as well. I am very frustrated. Please assist as soon as possible.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @DinnerIn

I hope you are well today, sorry to hear of the problems your having.

It's this plugin here correct http://wordpress.org/plugins/mail-subscribe-list/
    ?

That isn't one of our plugins, but of course I'm happy to assist :slight_smile:

Do you have a cPanel or similar? Can you see a file manager? if you can, go file manger > public_html > wp-content/plugins and delete mail-subscribe-list plugin and all will work again.

This can also be done via FTP, please let me know if you have any problems with doing this I'm happy to assist :slight_smile:

Every time I have tried to get support, there have been issues as well

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with support, is this due to lack of replies, problems opening support threads or something else?

I have seen you are awaiting a response from one of my colleagues over on this thread https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/in-events-i-am-unable-to-save-or-publish-any-events here.

I will send him a note :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• DinnerIn

Hi, Thanks for the quick response today :slight_smile: I was able to go in through my backdoor (hosting company) and delete the offending plugin. I was under the assumption that it was one of your plugins because that's what I was updating at the time. Sorry for the accusation. All's fixed now!

As far as support on the other issue, I was able to resolve that specific issue, (however am still having issues with the events+ plugin) on my own but response such as yours would have gone a long way to assisting me. I found that even finding a spot to submit a question was difficult to find and was under the impression live support through staff was available 24/7, not just at predetermined times or forums.

I am very happy with the timing and response you have provided. Thank you Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @DinnerIn

No problem, don't worry about it :slight_smile:

As far as support on the other issue, I was able to resolve that specific issue, (however am still having issues with the events+ plugin) on my own but response such as yours would have gone a long way to assisting me. I found that even finding a spot to submit a question was difficult to find and was under the impression live support through staff was available 24/7, not just at predetermined times or forums.

Glad to hear you was able to resolve that specific issue, which other problems are you having with events+ ? I'm here to help and happy to assist. The next live support session is my one, feel free to drop in :slight_smile:

I found that even finding a spot to submit a question was difficult to find and was under the

It is a bit confusing at first, bookmark this link here https://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda/ it's the direct ask a question link :slight_smile:

Yes, I'm afraid the live support has a set schedule throughout the week, you are of course free to attend as many as you like and also of course ask any questions you wish on the forums. The Live Support Schedule is the same every week, I'm pleased to say.

I am very happy with the timing and response you have provided. Thank you Jack.

Thank you for the kind words, glad I could be of assistance.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• DinnerIn

The issue with the event+ plugin is that after entering the data into the event, upon looking at the event, the details are missing. It was suggested that I change the theme to see if it works however I really don't want to do that to a live site for troubleshooting. When I double check with it today, it seems to be working now, but I will have to look at it in more depth when I have a little more time. Again, thank you Jack! I will definitely bookmark the link!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.