Plugin Crashes my Site

So I have marketplace. And a slew of other plugins installed on a development mamp multisite. And a separate install on a live server Both are Multisite installed. If I enable plugins on the hosted social site. The entire site disappears.

I can network enable plugins but not enable them on hosted wordpress, buddypress sites. What am I doing wrong?

Membership, when enabled made the whole site not show up. I had to manually remove the plugin.

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi there and welcome to the WPMUdev Support Community!

Glad to hear that you are comfortable with manual install as well as automatic. When you say a slew of other plugins, are you referring to our plugins or just any plugin? Probably best to start with the plugins that you would find the most useful. Install and activate them first, check for conflicts and then add others.

Let us know how that goes for you.

Cheers,
    Paul

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Here's something another member put together:

Hi, I noticed this phenomenon too, And I'm sorry that you have given up. But for others let me shed some light here..

In the last version of the plugin, blog admins were not automatically added as membership admins; meaning that my admins couldn't see protected content. SO what I did was manually add an access level via the 'move' option to the admin. Well, that worked, sort of, but to be expected. The admin was now a member and could see protected content, but his user roles was moved down to subscriber.

Meaning, that when you move an admin to a 'member access level' their wp user role will change accordingly. SO essentially adding an access level to an admin will downgrade their account and this will persist after removal of the plugin as the user role meta is wordpress native.. Make sense?

Now (to me) this is moot because in the current version of membership plugin, admins are automatically set as membership admins and can see protected content by default, thus negating my need to add an access level to the admin.

BUT for you what I suggest is that you check your users user role level, I wouldn't be surprised to see that they were set as 'subscriber'. To fix this, modify the users role back to its previous setting via the 'dashboard'->'users'->'edit users' page, you can do this via phpmyadmin aswell.
    AAAAnnnnnd that's it..

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey there!

Sorry for the delay on this one, are you still experiencing the issue?

If you could provide some more info on how you are using the plugin. Are you network activating on the Multisite Installation? or activating site by site?

Does it cause anything else to disappear? Screenshots would be spectacular :slight_smile:

I'm a visual learner :wink:

Best,

Kimberly

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jeduhu,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.