Plugin Details

Hi,
I want to add custom registration field to already existing (default) registration form in the buddypress.
is there any way to do this or is there any other way to do that? I found a wordpress plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simplr-registration-form/, i want to add this to already existing Registration form (Default).

Can some one please help me to find solution for this.

Thanks
Harsha.

• Kimberly

Harsha,

Hi and Thanks for using WPMUdev :slight_smile:

When you install Buddypress you have a great Components list available to you. It's a bit overwhelming at first but if you go back an check it out you will see that you can have this feature with your Buddypress Install.

Visit Dashboard>Buddypress>Components and make sure you have the Extended Profile Fields checked on and Save that setting.

This will bring you a new menu item under Dashboard>Buddypress called Extended Profile. This is where you add your custom fields :slight_smile:

I'll attach pics for you!

If I'm missing the boat on what you are asking for let me know please!

Best,

Kimberly

If the above action did not result in the resolution or common end to this ticket then please feel free to come back here for comment. Just be sure you mark "Not Resolved" to re-open or we might miss it! :slight_smile: Thanks!

• full_metal

Thanks for you quick reply Kimberly,

I did that thanks for that again, Now the new query is. I have a options in field type called "Drop down Select Box", I have various categories (Almost all possible), Have mentioned in the drop down, Now IN-CASE user dint find the category which is defined, I have give option called "Others"

Now once the user select 'Others' option, I want a text box pop up so that user can mention the category in side the text box which pop ups. Is there any kind of plugin which does this ?? Please help me i stand in the last row when it comes to coding. It will be very good if i get a plugin. If not someone please guide me for solution.

Please help me.

Thanks
    Harsha.

• Kimberly

Harsha,

What you are asking would require some code adjustment to the Buddypress Plugin.

Can you just put a field below, not required, that says "insert Category if not found above" ?

You will need to manually add this category regardless of how the user adds it (in dynamic dropdown or extra field)

I am not aware of any plugins that will do exactly what you are asking and a quick google search returns articles about editing the Buddypress templates.

Wish I had something more to offer!

Best,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.