Plugin Development Roadmap - CoursePress Pro

Hi--
I was wondering if WPMUDEV is planning on publishing a plugin development roadmap. I've been following the updates to the various plugins, and I think the improvements are great. But I have a dilemma, in that I'm not sure I want to pull the trigger on a new project using WPMUDEV plugins just yet, particularly if they're going to be updated.

Here's an example; I'm getting ready to build out a learning management system, and my options are between CoursePress Pro and LearnDash. While CoursePress Pro is definitely easier to use, and generally is much better with custom styling, it's missing some critical reporting features that we need. Now, LearnDash isn't much better with these reporting features, but it's easier to develop custom reports from SQL. What I'd like to know is two-fold, in regard to this particular plugin - will updates to CoursePress Pro include reporting enhancements? When will the new version be released?

In general, I think it'd be really helpful for WP developers who are WPMUDEV subscribers to get a general idea of when updates to plugins may start coming available - that can help us to plot out our projects around enhancements that, as of now, either aren't available, or are going to require customization that's not really profitable.

Does that make sense? Is this something WPMUDEV has considered?

• Jude

Hi there @andrew

I hear ya when it comes to knowing which plugin to decide on based on a roadmap. This is something we are definitely considering.

What I'd like to know is two-fold, in regard to this particular plugin - will updates to CoursePress Pro include reporting enhancements? When will the new version be released?

This will include enhancements to reports but how fast and the ETA depends on how many other members like yourself request it. I request you to open a feature request for this.

We usually have new releases around every 2-3 weeks but what the release will include cannot be guaranteed.

Hope that helps
    Jude

PS: If you are comfortable with SQL queries for your reports then there is nothing CP cannot do ..

• andrew

Hi Jude--
    I'll take a look at opening a feature request. Our developer can certainly generate custom reports, but, ideally, a more thorough reporting engine for CoursePress Pro would actually make it more like what you'd expect from an LMS, particularly if you've worked in the training & operations world.

Personally, I think there's a growing market for LMS products that can incorporate responsive layouts, interactive media and frequent quizzing, but without the reporting, it's tough to sell clients on these solutions, even if the alternatives (standard, off-the-shelf LMS platforms) are generally awful.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.