Plugin does not update existing WP or MC records

while the plugin says it will update...

- adding a first and last name to a MC record does not update the WP record when you do a Sync Existing Users and,
- adding a first and last name to the WP record does not update the MC record when you do a Sync Existing Users.

is there another plugin that would do the above?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya BobWalsh,

I just double-checked this plugin and it's working correctly on my installation. What happens when you click the import button in the MailChimp Settings?

What version of WordPress/BuddyPress are you running? Also, kindly check for PHP errors or JS errors on the page.

A bit more detail and I think we can help ya get this plugin up and running correctly.

Thanks!

• BobWalsh
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Wordpress 3.1.3
    latest version of plugin,
    no errors reported

Sync Existing Users - auto set to yes.

---> figured it out; forgot to set (or reset, thought I did it...) specific mailing list in top portion. Besides spelling errors the text in the bottom reads as if that is the button you push to sync, not that sync is automatic from WP to MC once you save settings.

Also, "sync" is really an update from WP to MC; changes made now in MC don't seem to update WP user rec. Right?

And thanks for the quick reply! :slight_smile:

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

---> figured it out; forgot to set (or reset, thought I did it...) specific mailing list in top portion.

Woot! Glad you got it sorted.

Also, "sync" is really an update from WP to MC; changes made now in MC don't seem to update WP user rec. Right?

I actually thought it would pull in change to the WordPress profile, but not sure. Let me ask the developer directly.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.