Plugin for new music submission

For my music site, I am looking for a way/series of plugins to streamline the new music submission for visitors. I think this could be done in two steps, perhaps you have recommendations on how to achieve them?

1. Submission form: on a post or page, I would like to have a submission form with fields for Artist, Location, URL/Facebook page, a link for SoundCloud mp3's. When the visitor hits "Submit" this info would then automatically be drafted into a post that admins would approve.

2. New music grid: Then, once these submitted posts are approved/published, I would like a new music page that is a grid. Each grid would include the info from said posts, with a small thumbnail, the few details about the artist and a play button for the mp3. The grid would be chronologically formatted.

Any tips, ideas or thoughts here?

Thank you!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings hindiemedia,

Thank you for the great question and fairly detailed description of what you are looking for and want to do.

Though I have not figured out the end game yet from what I know I would use the Market Press plugin and use it network activated with sub sites and allow "approved" so called store editors to add the links of their own once approved as an editor so to speak.

In a bit more out of the box thinking I would use Frame Market/Grid Market theme to give the Main site the global post from the sub sites and it would indeed be in grid format.

And your thoughts are?

Looking forward to hearing form you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• hindiemedia
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the quick response.

So I checked out the Market Press plugin, that does seem to offer some solutions. However, most of that is unnecessary for us and seems like it would clutter the backend a bit. And we can't use the Frame Market theme because we're running on a custom theme.

I am thinking I'll just avoid WPMU's solutions and try using Magic Fields and some custom PHP edits on there.

Again, very much appreciate you taking the time to help here.

Nick

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.