[plugin] install plugin on multiple websites

Hi

I would like to know if there is a way to add a plugin on multiple websites ?

It would be awesome to add or delete plugins from the wpmudev dashboard. I have to urgently install a plugin on all the websites in my network that\'s why I ask you if a solution exist. Thanks

• Tony G

Look into the WP-CLI ... The command-line interface can be used to do a lot with a single site. If you have multiple sites on the same server, then wrap commands to install and activate in a script using a list of paths in which the commands will be executed.

If your sites are hosted in different systems, look at tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or others. These tools allow you to script SSH commands which then get executed in remote environments. I've been spending a lot of time with Ansible over the last few months and I'm simply stunned at the amazing power and how easily it does things like this.

As far as the WPMU DEV Hub, I've been getting the impression that they're working on something like this for later in the year ... but members like us can only guess at what kinds of presents are being crafted by Santa's helpers there. :slight_smile:

• Ash

Hello Fulvio

I have to urgently install a plugin on all the websites in my network

If this is a network, that means multisite, then you just need to install the plugin on the network sites. There is no way to install plugins in the subsites within a network. All the subsites share the same resources.

And if you mean multiple individual websites, then there is no option in hub I am afraid. But I am marking this as a feature request, let's see how other members think about this.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Fulvio

Hi Ahs thanks

In fact it was about multiple individual websites.
    It would be a nice feature.

Yesterday I spoke with one of your colleague and dont know if he made a feature request because I need another functionality even more important: be able to give access to the wpmu dashboard on your website to another user, user that could access the dashboard but not all account infos...
    In fact I have to give our password to an employee to make all the updates.

Thanks

• Tony G

I need another functionality even more important: be able to give access to the wpmu dashboard on your website to another user, user that could access the dashboard but not all account infos... In fact I have to give our password to an employee to make all the updates.

I believe this can be hacked fairly easily. Most dashboard plugins use the same "braindead" criterion for access to all dashboard functions, checking only for the manage_options capability. I haven't looked but I believe you can look for that text and mass change that to something like manage_wpmudev_options. Then you can use a tool like the User Role Manager to add that capability to Administrator and a new Role called SiteAdmin that is based on Contributor. Continue to add capabilities to that to give these specific users the privileges they require. HTH

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.