plugin integration with upfront theme

Hello, back again,
somewhere on the community suppert I found a topic about how to integrate the appointments plugin into upfront theme, so I can style it the way I want it to. It should be done with a function within the functions.php. I cannot relocate the topic anymore, so How should I do this or is it allready made that simple by you that its an option within the upfront theme?
And next to this: are other plugins allready upfront ready or what are the functions to enter to make the plugins upfront-ready to style them the way I want them to. Especially the membership and events plugs are awesome, but not simple to maken there own templates for styling purposes, means giving every div or span or var there own classes and positions on the upfront page.... nevertheless, upfront is a great step forward for webmankind and reach for Mars figurly spoken... :slight_smile:
Thanks
Frenk!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hi frenk,

How should I do this or is it allready made that simple by you that its an option within the upfront theme

Appointments+ comes with own table looks - and it is not overwritten by Fixer styles. And because you still need to use shortcodes in your theme while editing - then you still need to write custom CSS for Appointments :slight_frown:.
    Maybe you remember what was this function you need to use in functions.php file? Or maybe some key words for this thread, so I could find it?

And next to this: are other plugins allready upfront ready or what are the functions to enter to make the plugins upfront-ready to style them the way I want them to.

At that moment you still need to add custom CSS manually - but I will ask devs if this is option for Upfront and if could be implemented.

It's great that you like Upfront.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• frenk

Hi there Kasia,
    I cannot find the function or post anymore, but I found out this tutorial and its allready there https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/upfront-plugins/. The only thing I need to do is find out all the classes or ID's within the plugin by using grepwin. Just enter <div class= or <div id= and grepwin will search for all the documents which contain those classes and id's. A little old school writing with pencil or copy pasting, will provide you all the classes and ID's.
    thanks,
    Frenk

• Kasia Swiderska

Hi Frank,

The only thing I need to do is find out all the classes or ID's within the plugin by using grepwin.

I think you could use Element inspector in your browser to find classes and ids for Appointments+ tables to style them. I mean - while you are not in Upfront edit mode. Also greping "<div class=" may give you inconsistent results - not always it is <div>, and not always class/id is the first attribute in tag.

cheers,
    Kasia

• frenk

true its a way to get many classes and list them in some way, search for class= or id= gives more results, but also <tr> <td> <span> <var> are possible clas or id holders , in js files I am not sure...
    Sometimes its hard to find out if the element has something like this: #someid .classdiv .classspan { }. The .classdiv will only have output in the #someid. It becomes more complicated, when the classes in one php filehave a $ to another file where many classes are located. The html class output of the element inspected, will show classes.
    The classes in the css files, give me more insight on
    how the php files are built, by searching for the id=someid and so on....

Thanks
    Frenk
    May be I should follow some classes more :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.