Plugin Localization doesn't work for me?

I use POEdit to make localize file: subscribe-by-email-zh_TW.po & subscribe-by-email-zh_TW.mo , and my wordpress is set in zh_TW Chinese mode; however, the Subscribe by Email plugin msg didn't show correct localized text.

Is that my filename - subscribe-by-email-zh_TW.po get wrong?

Thanks!

dAb

• Mike Price
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Wanhua! I used to live in wanhua (ximen) and love it so much! Sorry I honestly don't know about this plugin but was so excited to see that you are in Taiwan that I wanted to say hello! LOL I am sure someone can help you solve this issue very soon :slight_smile:

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @dab

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

No your filename looks good, you edited it in poedit which was also correct, one thing though is, this is originally a .pot file for this plugin, did you create new file from catelogue and save that and then save the edit as the .po ?

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• dab
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@ThinkTaiwan, ha! Glad to hear you love Wanhua. I'm kind a WPMU lover live in Taiwan. Welcome to visit our land again! :wink:

@Jack Kitterhing, So many thanks about your quick reply. I did save the edit as the .po, so I double checked my site, and found out that my translation can only be correctly shown on WP Dashboard, but did't work on the forefront msg:

See: http://d.pr/i/d5oX

Is that means I have to edit plugins php to correct English msg to Chinese?

Thanks!

• dab

Hi, Jack

No, the issue still there.

As you can see in this picture: http://d.pr/i/d5oX

Blue arrows indicate that the translation of the string "Subscriptions" is correctly display in Chinese "???" on Wordpress Dashboard; however, in the other hand, red arrows shows that, in the same partially translated .po file, the string "You are already subscribed!!" should've already been translated, but does not show in Chinese in the frontend.

I really don't know why...
    *No cache plugin.

dAb

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @dab

I hope you are well today.

Sorry for the delay, your reply ended up in my spam box for some reason,

They should be translating, based on your screenshots and info you have provided, could you send me the translations please to jack(at)incsub.com so I can check please?

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a great weekend!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @dab

I hope you are well today, sorry for the delay in my reply, Wasn't this about translating membership before?

In any case with regards to subscribe by email, the translation isn't working, but you only have the .po file and not the .mo file as well, which should be generated at the same time and uploaded, do you have a .mo file?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack

• dab

Hi! Jack,

Sorry for the late reply.
    Have already sent the MO to you, from dablog[at]gmail

By the way, how to delay the instant mail sent out whenever I have a new post posted. Sending too many subscribers with the posting function at the same time, will occur my server hang in there for a very long time.

Is there a way to delay the mail sending function, like "Send email to subscriber 5mins after posting a new post."

Many thanks!!

dAb

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @dab

I hope you are well today and sorry for the delay on this.

I have tested and can see that it is not working for me either, I'm afraid there is no way to delay currently, but I'll bring both of these issues up with the lead developer of this plugin, thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.