Plugin - Not letting us use pro features

Hello,

We recently re-added the plugin files to our website - robertholden.org and paid for a 3 month agreement and for some reason I am unable to change any of the settings within the newsletter pop up we created.
I have tried to create new pop ups but the plugin does not allow me name the pop up or save any attributes. Per (from Predrag Dubajic) we were told we can download the plugin from link provided (https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/the-pop-over-plugin/) and just overwrite the old files via FTP, and all our current settings will stay there since they are being saved in our DB - but after we did this we were still unable to use premium features. Please help.

Thanks,
Kate

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Kathryn

I hope you had a great weekend!

As both the free and Pro versions have the same folder & file names, you should be able to update in that manner. However, I find it's always safest to completely delete the free version from your site before installing the Pro version.

This plugin does not have any option to delete database tables upon deactivation (few plugins do in reality) so your settings will still be there where you activate the Pro version.

Would you please try that and let us know the result?

Thanks!

• Kathryn
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello,

We did not upgrade from the free version. We just updated our existing Pro version to the newest release. Do you think if we remove all the files from the previous pro version to the new version that will fix the issue?

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Kate! Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes! Please delete the existing files and folder of this plugin, then install it again.

Let us know if the issue issue is still there and grant support access so we can troubleshoot this problem. You can grant support access by following the steps mentioned in this manual.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Take care and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.