Plugin not working?

Today I (re)activated the plugin in but although I enter my own passwords WordPress is creating their own?!

Bests

• Tee
    • The Crimson Coder

Multisite

Theme: http://themes.premiumpixels.com/?theme=redux

Antispam Bee

AutoBlog

Automessage

CodeStyling Localization

Comments Plus

Contact Form 7

Protect Content by Passwort

Custom sidebars

Easy Blogging

FeedBurner FeedSmith Extend

Forums

Google Analyticator

Lightbox Gallery

Network Username Restrictions Override

Relevanssi

User Activation Keys

WordPress Tooltip

WordTwit Pro

WP-DBManager

WP-PageNavi

wpSEO

WP Super Cache

Yoast Breadcrumbs

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven’t heard back from you we’re going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it’s a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

• Tee
    • The Crimson Coder

I am using a plugin ‘Theme my login’ which is using it’s own templates for the registration process.

The code for the privacy setting is the following. Maybe it could be corrected?

<div id="privacy">
    <p class="privacy-intro">
    <label for="blog_public_on<?php $template->the_instance(); ?>"><?php _e( 'Privacy:', 'theme-my-login' ); ?></label>
    <?php _e( 'Allow my site to appear in search engines like Google, Technorati, and in public listings around this network.', 'theme-my-login' ); ?>
    <br style="clear:both" />
    <label class="checkbox" for="blog_public_on<?php $template->the_instance(); ?>">
    <input type="radio" id="blog_public_on<?php $template->the_instance(); ?>" name="blog_public" value="1" <?php if ( !isset( $_POST['blog_public'] ) || $_POST['blog_public'] == '1' ) { ?>checked="checked"<?php } ?> />
    <strong><?php _e( 'Yes', 'theme-my-login' ); ?></strong>
    </label>
    <label class="checkbox" for="blog_public_off<?php $template->the_instance(); ?>">
    <input type="radio" id="blog_public_off<?php $template->the_instance(); ?>" name="blog_public" value="0" <?php if ( isset( $_POST['blog_public'] ) && $_POST['blog_public'] == '0' ) { ?>checked="checked"<?php } ?> />
    <strong><?php _e( 'No', 'theme-my-login' ); ?></strong>
    </label>
    </p>
    </div>

Thanks

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Phil’s right. While our plugin can manipulate the default WordPress registration process (and thus allow for password creation) we can’t control how other plugins also are manipulating the process. They may work together – but there are no guarantees and there’s not a lot that can be done outside of custom coding a solution for each plugin individually.

Take a look without any other plugins and if it’s still an issue we can troubleshoot it. If you’re using plugins such as theme my login though, it may not work correctly.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.