Plugin recommendation for task selling site

Hello!
I'd like your opinion on which are the best plugins to achieve this:

I need a site where
a) An expert sells private advise to users, for a fee.
b) The customer selects an expert, pays for the advise, and then sends the expert some instructions (I guess this can be done with market press)
c) The expert answers trough a video post.
d) The customer rates the expert and viceversa

One additional point is that the site acts like an escrow service, holding the funds until service is really delivered.

Of course, each expert must have it's own personal profile skills, a personal video, etc.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated!

Have a nice day

• Michelle Shull

Hi Luis, that sounds like a great site idea! I think I can help you find a set of plugins that can do most of this for you.

Selling Services:
    This you can do pretty easily with MarketPress out of the box, you could integrate Gravity Forms to let users submit questions, and your individual experts could be treated as the actual products you sell. You could also drop in Appointments+, and between the two, you'd easily have a robust experts-per-hire site. Videos could be uploaded to password protected posts so they'd only be available to the user who paid for it.

To create expert profiles, I'd consider BuddyPress. You won't need to turn on all the features (forums, groups, status messages, etc. wouldn't be required), you can use just the pieces you need.

For escrow, I do not know of a plugin that will help you achieve this. There are several third-party services that can manage escrow for you, however. https://escrow.com/ has a great reputation, and they are fully licensed and insured.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Luis N, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

It sounds like what you're wanting here would require custom development for the most part, with the possible exception of the profile page.

I'm not sure what kind of advice is being given on the site, but MarketPress doesn't presently act as an escrow service, nor does it have a way of sending payments to experts on your site.

I'm also not sure where exactly on the site you're looking to have the expert videos posted, but this would take some custom work to integrate this kind of feature into a e-commerce solution.

I'd recommend posting a job for this on our Jobs Board, and seeing if one of our Pros can cook up something for you:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.