Plugin roadmap

Hi,

I'm in the process of mathcing up my wish list with available plugins.

1. I have the list you provided for WPMU compatable regular plugs.

2. Can I assume that the premium plugins are compatable with each other, like Supporter, Pay to Blog and Terms of Service?

3. There are a number of BuddyPress plugins at WordPress.org. Some of these are also of interest such as Buddypress-Ajax-Chat & Group Twitter.

I'm looking for a few things and maybe you can help me:
- Classified Ads (maybe wp-classified). Or maybe something like http://wpclassipress.com/ installed on a regular WP non-MU site and linked into my Buddypress site?
- A Boast Post or Brag Gallery, photos with a short description and a link to the related blog. Maybe a rating scheme for popularity. Maybe the Wire works something like this?
- Instant messaging/video/audio like Microsoft LIve Messenger or IBM's Sametime.

Kind regards,
Larry

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hiya,

1. I have the list you provided for WPMU compatable regular plugs.

This is just a statement and not a question correct?

2. Can I assume that the premium plugins are compatable with each other, like Supporter, Pay to Blog and Terms of Service?

I'm not aware of any conflicts but let us know if you run across one.

3. There are a number of BuddyPress plugins at WordPress.org. Some of these are also of interest such as Buddypress-Ajax-Chat & Group Twitter.

Again, just a statement correct?

- A Boast Post or Brag Gallery, photos with a short description and a link to the related blog. Maybe a rating scheme for popularity. Maybe the Wire works something like this?
    - Instant messaging/video/audio like Microsoft LIve Messenger or IBM's Sametime.

I can't think of any plugins off the top of my head for those two.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

>3. There are a number of BuddyPress plugins at WordPress.org. Some >of these are also of interest such as Buddypress-Ajax-Chat & Group >Twitter.

A satement, yes, but is if ok to use these plugins or should I stick to the Premium ones?

>- A Boast Post or Brag Gallery, photos with a short description and a >link |to the related blog. Maybe a rating scheme for popularity. Maybe >the |Wire works something like this?
    >|- Instant messaging/video/audio like Microsoft LIve Messenger or IBM's >Sametime.

Part of the reason I signed up for premium support was cause I figured these would might get developed. Until then I have plenty to work on...

Kind Regards,
    Larry

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

A satement, yes, but is if ok to use these plugins or should I stick to the Premium ones?

You can use any plugins you want :slight_smile:

Part of the reason I signed up for premium support was cause I figured these would might get developed. Until then I have plenty to work on...

Feel free to start a thread for each plugin in our feedback and suggestion forum. We'll get feedback from other members and look at developing the plugin if there's a lot of interest.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

I'm using BuddyPress & I need some help determining which plugins are compatible. I found this list and a few others at http://wpmudev.org/buddypress/ incuding a chat!

MailChimp
    User Activity
    Blog Activity
    Content Monitor
    Reports
    Login Image & Rebranding WPMU
    Post Indexer
    Comment Indexer
    Remove Browse Happy
    Terms of Service
    Admin Footer Text
    Comment Indexer
    Post Indexer
    Admin Message
    Recent Global Comments Widget
    Recent Global Posts Widget
    Mass Mailer
    Remove Email Verification
    Password at Signup

BuddyPress Group Calendar
    BuddyPress Group Email
    BuddyPress Hide Widgets

1. My first plugin was going to be TOS. Yet I found comments that the Premium TOS plugin was not intended for BP, yet it is on the above list.
    Apparently, neither were working well at the time of that post, but the Premium one has not been updated in some time, so I'm thinking of usine the other. Quite a guessing game. Which TOS do I use?

2. Are some premium plugins for MU and not BP(which is also MU)?
    There are some missing from the compatible list that I was hoping to use:
    Autoblog
    Avatars... tell me I can use this one!
    Blog And User Creator
    Blogs Directory says it works for BP, but is not on the list.
    Default Theme
    Domian Mapping
    Footer Content
    Global Site Search says it works fr BP but is not listed.
    Google Analytics
    Pay to blog
    I will need to look at each very carefully b4 I install.

Regards,
    Larry

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hiya,

Are some premium plugins for MU and not BP(which is also MU)?

All of our plugins have a "compatible with" section in the box on the right side of the plugin page. Ex:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/supporter

That "compatible with" section is what you should go by.

Which TOS do I use?

Use this one:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/terms-of-service

Note that the plugins on wpmudev.org are not all our plugins. Anyone can upload a plugin to wpmudev.org. All of our premium plugins are on premium.wpmudev.org.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.