Plugin sends me to the beginning of the page. Doesn't work at all

Hello,

Something wrong with the plugin: it appears below all the comments and does nothing: when I click on the tab, I suddenly jump to the beginning of the page. Nothing works. Maybe some conflicts with other plugins that use Facebook scripts or something?
I need it right now. Please help ASAP.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi there!

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

You are correct that there could be a conflict, have you tried to test this?

Turning off all of the plugins to see if you can remove the issue?

Also, using on a default twenty theme will test for theme conflicts.

You can check the following box in the Comments Plus if you do indeed have Facebook API being called elsewhere.

Best,

Kimberly

• Bartolomey_Wong
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

And it seems to me I can't change the default looks of the plugin. I've activated Custom Comments Template addon and chosen the WMPU.org template, but see no difference. Can you give me some hints on how to change the looks as well?

My theme supports tabs shortcodes. You can see them here: http://themeforest.net/item/flare-responsive-business-portfolio-wp-theme/full_screen_preview/1969512

How can I change the looms of the plugin so that it would use the tabs styling of my theme?

• Bartolomey_Wong
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

OK, now I've disabled the plugin Easy Smooth Scroll Links, and Comments Plus now works. Before it cause me to jump at the beginning of the page when clicking on either comments tab.

The plugin page: http://www.92app.com/wordpress-plugins/easy-smooth-scroll-links

Could you test it with Comments Plus and find an issue so that maybe you could change Comment Plus or the mentioned plugin? I'd really like to have the mentioned plugin on my site along with Comments Plus.

And I still need your help on styling my Comments Plus.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

I'm glad to see you got the comments plus working, that's great!

I'm pretty sure your conflict is a js one, and unfortunately that is a bit beyond the scope of what we can provide in a support ticket, especially on a third party plugin, very sorry.

Your WP comment form looks OK to me, the (required) is a bit awkward due to that "Website" text, are you using something to add that?

I'm not quite sure what you are hoping to do with shortcodes, the plugin is made as is, it doesn't require or produce shortcodes.

When using the addon, did you pay attention to this step:

ou may also use those CSS styles within your own theme (found here /plugins/comments-plus/css/themes/) or you can simply move lib/forms/wdcp-custom_comments_template.php to your themes folder.

And I am still digging to see if I can find where to change the name of your site on the comments tab. This would be considered custom changes thought, please note, and you would lose any changes upon the update of the plugin. Perhaps I can put in a feature request for this in the future?

• Bartolomey_Wong
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Kimberly,

Yes, please put the option to change the names of the tabs in a feature request in the future. I'd really love it.

But for now, can you help me rename my WP comments tab? I really need it.

And one other question, about styling.

Regarding to the awkward with fields in the WP comments form, I don't use anything for adding Website field as you mentioned. It's in my theme. However, I'm using plugin Subscribe by email — it adds an option below the comments.

I think the problems is because of the height that plugin uses. It seems that height isn't sufficient for the WP Comments form. How can I change it?

And with regards to styling, I understand that plugin need not any styling, it has some built in. But I'd like to see the comments in my theme style. Similar to this: http://engexpert.ru/comments-example/

On that page I've created a set of tabs. It's built-in functionality of my theme. Maybe you can inspect the element and say to me what I need to do with plugin CSS so that plugin would look alike to the tabs showed?

Thanks and regards,
    Alex

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello Alex!

I've done some looking and it seems you will need to manually style the buttons, if you are using a child theme you should be able to just re-define the css in that stylesheet

You will have to test the items you are looking for, I've tried to do it myself but it is really pushing custom territory. You would find Firebug really helpful in finding the items you need for styling these.

The classes you will need to focus on in your main.css file is the "tabs-nav" and "tabs-nav-item current"

As for changing your site name: I will submit as a feature request, I will give you a hack for now but please note you will lose this change and need to reapply on updating the plugin:

file lib/class_wdcp_comments_worker.php, line 70 says this:

: (get_bloginfo('name') ? get_bloginfo('name') : 'WordPress')

you can just change the entire line to this:

: "WordPress"

or whatever else you want in the quotes

the colon and quotes matter

Best,

Kimberly

• Bartolomey_Wong
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello again,

I really don't know CSS. So I'm confused. Can you help me to design my Comments Plus so that it would look like my tabs from my theme? I mean, can I create a special admin user for you so that you would log into my site and change the CSS or what's needed?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

No, I am sorry I won't be able to custom code the css for you. I'm not a theme designer so I would probably leave a mess anyway :slight_smile:

That is also a bit far beyond what we can provide here in the plugin support forums.

wc3schools.com has some amazing information on css. I don't know much about it but what I have learned I have gotten from there and Firebug mostly.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.