Plugin should work with Cron tab and backup entire "wp-content" folder

Hi

I notice the following warning

WP_CRON - Disabled. Check your wp-config.php for the DISABLE_WP_CRON define. Either remove it or set the value to "false

I've set up my system to disable WP_CRON and run WordPress cron via the system cron tab so it can have a consistent run time.

My question: is it possible to implement features into this plugin that would enable scheduled backups to work with both with the default WordPress WP_CRON or still work for those who set up cron.php to run via cron tab? So we all could make use of scheduled backups.

Also is this plugin multisite compatible?

I notice the plugin backs up the "wp-content/uploads" folder but does not back up the "blogs.dir" by default

Also the db.php, db-config.php, sunrise.php, etc. are not backed up by default which provide critical functionality to the site.

What is the main reason for this and why can't the entire "wp-content" folder just be backed up by default.

Is it possible to back up all subsites?

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

My question: is it possible to implement features into this plugin that would enable scheduled backups to work with both with the default WordPress WP_CRON or still work for those who set up cron.php to run via cron tab? So we all could make use of scheduled backups.

Snapshot uses WP_CRON to run automated backups.

Also is this plugin multisite compatible?

Yes, its compatible with multisite.

I notice the plugin backs up the "wp-content/uploads" folder but does not back up the "blogs.dir" by default

Also the db.php, db-config.php, sunrise.php, etc. are not backed up by default which provide critical functionality to the site.

What is the main reason for this and why can't the entire "wp-content" folder just be backed up by default.

I will get our lead developer @Paul to give more info on this one.

Is it possible to back up all subsites?

Its not possible to do that at once however you can do that one by one.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• northgate

Hi PC

Thanks for replying,

Snapshot uses WP_CRON to run automated backups.

I'm aware of that hence the question, the above does not answer my questions. Why restrict the plugin to only WordPress default WP_CRON when more advance users often disable it in favor of ruining the cron.php via cron tab which runs WP_CRON

Its not possible to do that at once however you can do that one by one.

Backing up sites one-by-one makes almost little scene for Multisite one has the time to do this especially if theirs is over 300 sites.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.