Plugin stopped working

The password used to work but now doesn't for once of my sites. Are there any known plug-in conflicts?

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Andrew

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member!

I assume your talking about the password protect content on one of your sites, is that correct?

Please let me know whether you recently installed any other plugins and also what setup are you running on. You can always go with the method of elimination and deactivate all plugins, except for the password protect content and then one by one activate to see what the result is - whether the error persist.

I look forward to your feedback.

Have a good day!

Gina

• AndrewTraub
    • The Crimson Coder

@ThePath : Sorry, content doesn't show when the password is entered.

@GinaB : Thanks - was hoping to avoid deactivating plug-ins on a running server. Does the plug-in rely on ajax? If so, perhaps I can concentrate on ones that add code to the page?

Andrew

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings AndrewTraub,

We understand your concerns about deactivating plugins on a production server, however this is standard protocol for troubleshooting.

However, I have a technique that I use on our productions servers which is to rename the plugins folder and create another plugins folder uploading just the plugin I want to test. Once the results are know then I delete that folder and restore the name of the original plugins folder.

If I have confirmed it is a plugin issue then I start the test doing it the standard way of disabling all the plugins and then turning them on one at a time testing in between until I hit the conflicting plugin.

Just trying to help with possibly a very efficient way to get down to the nitty gritty of identifying if in fact there is a plugin conflict problem.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Andrew,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.