Plugin Update – URL Groups Not working for Subsites

Hi All,

You seem to be having a few issues with the latest membership plugin updates, I have another one.

After the last update the negative URL groups aren’t working as they should. I have visitors set as user group ‘Guest’. It is a multisite installation and we have used a URL rule to block access to site domain.com/directory

This worked perfectly before the update but now is doing nothing and we really need to get this locked up again. Hope you can help.

Thanks

Kenn

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey CS_Team,

Hope you’re doing well today and thanks for getting back to us!

Was this with the 3.5.2.1 update or the 3.5.2.2 update? I say this because in 3.5.2.2 we fixed a bug that had to do with negative rules. Was wondering if since you updated to that version if it’s been working?

If not, can you grant us access to your dashboard so we can take a look at your access rules :slight_smile: then we can do some further tests.

You can grant support access via admin dashboard – WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,

Tyler

• CS_Team
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Tyler,

I was having issues with menu negative rules but this was fixed when I updated to 3.5.2.2. However it hasn’t resolved the URL negative rules?

I have enabled the support through the dashboard as you requested.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey CS_Team,

Hope you’re doing well today and apologies for the delay!

I just installed the latest version and network/global activated it. The URL groups seem to be working fine for me, do you mind granting support access so I can see exactly what your url groups are and test with the same? Perhaps that will help find the issue :slight_smile:

You can grant support access via admin dashboard – WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,

Tyler

• CS_Team

Hi Tyler as noted I have enabled support, does it expire, I can set it again?

Here is what I have in my URL rule and I want to block.

/subsitename/

subsitename

subsitename/

subsitename/*

^(?!.*.co.uk/subsitename).*co.uk/subsitename/

I don’t want to advertise the actual subsitename as it is supposed to be private as you know and currently its open to the public.

• CS_Team

Update –

Turns out the URL rules ARE working for pages within the subsite.

eg. /subsitename/page or post

But it isn’t working for the homepage of that site. I think we can live with this as there is no sensitive information on the home page and we can sell it as a glimpse of what they can get if they sign up.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.