Plugin: XML Sitemap Feed - WP3.0.1 multi Sites

I installed the XML Sitemap Feed plugin. It generates site maps for the sub-blogs nicely eg http://coralbaybeachresort.com.au/sitemap.xml but when I submit these to Google Webmaster tools it returns a message "General HTTP error: 404 not found We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit."

As the above URL is viewable in a browser I'm wondering if the problem is with something I've done or not done.

When I installed this plugin I deleted the WPMU Dev plugin (Sitemaps and SEO - Wordpress MU Style) and I'm wondering if there's something in htaccess I've not modified.

For example, in htaccess there's this line of code: RewriteRule ^(.*/)?sitemap.xml wp-content/sitemap.php [L]. Is this something I can safely/should delete?

Come to think of it this may solve another problem. When I create a new site on clicking Add Site I receive this error: "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare xml_sitemap_load_template() (previously declared in /home/realesta/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xml-sitemap-feed/xml-sitemap.php:71) in /home/realesta/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xml-sitemap-feed/xml-sitemap.php on line 72."

The site is still created OK but the sitemap doesn't work.

I understand this plugin isn't supported by WPMU Dev so I'm hoping for some uber-generosity from some kind-hearted person :slight_smile:

Thanks

Peter