plugins and adding top navigation.

I would like to add top nav for categories above the header. http://www.pollenater.com (EDU Homepage theme)

Is there a widget that allows each individual user to post to all their social network sites like the "social floating widget?" So when a user signs in and finds something interesting they can post it to their other networks with a click. Right now the social floating widget posts to our sites social medial no matter who's user account is signed in.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Is there a widget that allows each individual user to post to all their social network sites like the "social floating widget?"

The floating social does exactly the same. Is it showing you some different behavior ?

Whenever someone likes a post, it goes to their wall not urs.

Please advise

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I added a footer widget, but it still leaves the old one. How do I delete the theme footer widget, and keep mine?

By this, are you referring to the WPMU DEV Link which appears at the bottom bar ?

Please advise

Cheers
    PC

• chuck_kanner
    • New Recruit

Weeeeeeeee. Yes to the first. Is this floating widget connected to>>>profile> settings?

If not where is this setup. I'll check my test user settings.

To the second question about the footer. Yes I'm talking about footer link with WPMU DEV link. I don't mind leaving that link as long as mine shows on the same line. please have a quick peek. http://www.pollenater.com

Hey what about top nav bar to display categories:slight_smile: (this was the first question)

Thanks man.

Postscript--Sir, how can you be in Bangalore an hour ago, and in Delhi 7 minutes ago? I wanna do that too!$%^&*(0327'.';

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes to the first. Is this floating widget connected to>>>profile> settings?

You would find the settings in the Settings >> Floating Social

I liked the link and it appeared on my facebook page instantly.

Screenshot1

To the second question about the footer. Yes I'm talking about footer link with WPMU DEV link. I don't mind leaving that link as long as mine shows on the same line. please have a quick peek.

The footer link can easily be removed by removing the below code from the themes footer.php file

<div id=&quot;incsubfooter&quot;>
    <?php _e('Provided by', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?> <a href=&quot;https://premium.wpmudev.org&quot; title=&quot;WordPress plugins, themes and support&quot;><?php _e(&quot;WPMU DEV - The WordPress Experts&quot;,TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href=&quot;#top-bar&quot;><?php _e('Go back to top &uarr;', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?></a>
    </div>

The best way to do any core modifications in the theme is to use child themes.

This is easy to modify and we encourage you to do so following the steps above (which for review are):
    1. Copy the entire footer.php file into educlean-child
    2. Edit the new footer.php file with any links you prefer
    3. Activate the Educlean child theme in WordPress

If you do it that way, you would not loose your changes and modifications after a theme upgrade.

Hey what about top nav bar to display categories:slight_smile: (this was the first question)

I would come on that one soon.

Postscript--Sir, how can you be in Bangalore an hour ago, and in Delhi 7 minutes ago? I wanna do that too!$%^&*(0327'.';

I travel through internet :smiley: lol... Actually I was logged in using a different network which uses an IP address which is from Bangalore.

I'm not in Dublin. How can I get this location radio thingy for my site???????

Perhaps that is the same case with you, your IP address must belong to Dublin and that might be the reason. You can turn that off in the location tracking in the browser.

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

If you are talking about adding navigation to the top most admin bar, then you can use our Ultimate Branding Plugin

PS : Whenever you need help on multiple issues, its always better to create separate threads for separate issues. That way its easier for both of us to track the progress :slight_smile:

Please advise

Cheers
    PC

• chuck_kanner
    • New Recruit

Ok since this is the original nav post i will ask this separately here. But abide by posting separate in all future submissions.

I want to add a text only or drop down menu, under admin bar and above header. This menu will have top level post categories. Warmly, CK

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Chuck,

Looks like you just replied to the post notification :slight_smile: I would include that text here !

Where do i download the educlean-child theme? That would be great to use a child theme. Im not sure how to create my own that hooks to the edu theme. I can do the rest once the child theme is activated.

No prob on the double cross posting.

Thanks for playing along with the other stuff:slight_smile:

We have already included the child themes inside our theme folders so that our members do not have to :stuck_out_tongue:

You just need to drag the child theme folder into the wp-content/themes folder and its ready to go :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.