Plugins and MultiSite redundancy

Hello,

I experiencing problems with MultiSite and towards the end of getting all plugins loaded onto a subdomain. Are there particular plugins such as security plugins that do not need to be loaded twice such as some of the security analysis plugins?

Is for example it necessary to have Google Analytics enabled for for each site? O.K. ... see.. I'm not crazy... I just was loading GA and it has a section to designate subdomains... is there any other information you have regarding this topic of redundancy and plugins? Thank you again... further...

A good example, is it necessary for Snapshot to be loaded on a subdomain? Or is one load on the primary all that is necessary to back up these sites since the info lies within tables and wp-content.

Same for WP-Database manager. Redundant?

I am having problems I think with Ultimate Branding again after the recent plugin upgrade. Hand in hand with the older version of bpmedia that was working again. Strange but not surprised. The Ultimate Branding was working for a few updates. Still not sure of causes but if I can get some general plugin insight starting with the questions above I believe I can solve it or help eliminate what is redundant or not necessary. Infomation please.

Thanks.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @OD,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I experiencing problems with MultiSite and towards the end of getting all plugins loaded onto a subdomain.

Are you having problem installing all plugins on subdomain?

Does subdomain contain the separate WordPress site or just the subsite in your multisite network?

Could you please tell me a bit more in detail what's the issue you are having so that i can help you to resolve it?

It depends on how the plugins work that some plugins provide settings in the sub sites admin area and some provide it in the network admin area.

Also you can enable the plugin on sub site or network wide as described on the following pages based on where you want to use it but keep in mind some plugins can only be activated network wide or per site and some plugins can be activated both ways .

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/activating-and-deactivating-plugins-on-a-per-site-basis/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/network-enabling-regular-plugins/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• ITsupport
    • The Crimson Coder

Will you please go to the site. I am experiencing problems I had before, right when I was going to go and work on it finally. Check free-youth-sports and it does not load. also it will not go to this page when I have it on the menu as the home button. it goes to Activity. Also these are the URL's I have been using on Social media and that are public......

• ITsupport
    • The Crimson Coder

There has to be malicious activity because the URL for free-youth-sports was changed to the Title which is a longer url. Also this url is all over social media, its a target.
    ALSO I went back in time with a revision, the last revision 2 months ago and it was still free-youth-sports so the URL had to of been changed, it was not a symptom of me backing up to an earlier time, it was changed long ago. Unless there is a plugin that changes URL's like that. I looked up the url and this foriegn company longtails it free-youth-sports and then embeds my videos. 3 pages. but idk.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @OD,

Will you please go to the site. I am experiencing problems I had before, right when I was going to go and work on it finally. Check free-youth-sports and it does not load.

Could you please share the site URL where you are experiencing this problem so that i can test it?

Also would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @OD

I hope you are well today.

Does subdomain contain the separate WordPress site or just the subsite in your multisite network?

If your multisite is subdomain based, then subdomain subsite is just a subsite in your multisite network, it doesn't contain any separate WordPress site. The same wordpress installation is shared by all subsites.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.