plugins and widgets css files

Can someone tell me where to find the css files for the widgets and plugins I installed with my theme? I am trying to modifiy the look and feel of the theme BP-Social but so far I only manage to work with the base.css and core.css.

Understand that I am also adding widgets and plugins as I go along and not just using core stuff so a general idea of where to find them will be a great help

Thanks

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

And other plugins and widgets included it as a hook into wp_head. I hate it when they do that. Get's you outputted pages with heads longer than the content of the page.

We strip all of that out when we see it and dump in into a single css file that gets called by wp_head with a high priority number. Makes things easier for those using the css editor which also loads via wp_head but with a lower priority number which means it loads last.

• drdave
    • The Crimson Coder

@Tammie
    I use Aardvark and Firebug. I like Aardvark because it is so quick and dirty but maybe it is time to pull out the ol' bug because I am not finding them.

I hardly am able to find any css in plugins folder but I will check the functions.php thing.

@drmike
    wp_head? It takes me forever to find what I need. Can you tell me where it is found?

And my editor is so very slow on my host and why I was hoping for a local setup instead but that may be another headache.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@drdave: A little lesson in page building wordpress style - this is a very very loose analysis and if you use for instance BuddyPress you will have hooks throughout your site such as bp_after_blog and so on.:

HTML head
    wp_head
    CLOSE HTML head
    HTML body
    content
    CLOSE HTML body
    HTML footer
    wp_footer
    CLOSE HTML footer

As I said that is very very basic.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.