Plugins dont install correctly

Plugin Installation and Use Instructions

To install:

Download the plugin file
Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
Upload the /ad-widget/ folder to /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site
Visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate it there.

the plugin does not show up in my admin if I install this way.
And if I install directly through WP admin (like all other third party plugins) it doesnt show up in my wp-content/plugins folder

• Timothy Bowers

Once it is uploaded, its installed like any other plugin:

Admin --> Plugins

And activate.

I've just tested that on a single site to be sure and successfully activated it.

And if I install directly through WP admin (like all other third party plugins) it doesnt show up in my wp-content/plugins folder

Are you saying saying that after you upload it via FTP its not there?

Take care.

• liquidpixels

Yes , it I manually drop it into the plugins folder via FTP it doesnt appear on my WP admin (plugins page) but it does appear in the folder (obviously)

But if I install via WP admin it DOES appear in the plugins page but NOT visible in mu FTP.

I know this sounds like I have no idea what Im doing but I have used over 2 Wp themes and and tonnes of plugins not via WPU and never seen this issue.

Im confused and have no idea where to start.

• Kimberly

Hi there!

Popping in to see if I can help. :slight_smile:

But if I install via WP admin it DOES appear in the plugins page but NOT visible in mu FTP.

are you installing in mu-lugins folder? You don't need to do this anymore, it is supported under plugins now.

I can def understand why this would be alarming but I want to clarify that you can actually get the plugin to work correct? have you tried to upload the zip file and let the ftp unzip it?

Best,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.