Plugins incompatibility issues

Hello WPMU Dev, Its my first post/requesting support
Its really privileged to use some of awesome wpmu dev plugins.

However I recently purchased a premium WordPress theme from themeforest which for my main domain(mulitsite).

When I installed Jobs and Exports getting fatal error (media object function error)
And also facing layout problems.

Here are things actually I wanted to do with INVENT (purchased theme from themeforest) but the problems..,

2) CoursePress is not working (as of my knowledge that themes alread "course" post type)

3) Event same as Course Press( post type, not working )

4) MartketPress, As that theme came up with included WooCommerce I am expecting almost all the same feature but Marketpress failing at layout structure

How can I fix all these on theme.
Requirements are Good UI and your awesome plugins should integrated seamlessly.

Hoping for the best day.

Thank you.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Gopal,

Hope you're doing well today!

Could you provide us with a bit more information on what is going wrong with the layout exactly? Since it's a premium theme we don't have access to test it out ourselves.

If you could send us in a copy of the theme then that would help, we could take a closer look at the issues.

You can email a copy of it to "contact [at] wpmudev.org". Make sure the subject line is "Attn: Tyler Postle" that ensures that it gets assigned to me and if you could also include a link back to this thread in the message that would be helpful.

As for MarketPress not working properly, if the theme as woocommerce specific features to it then it's likely those are causing a conflict because MP uses the same post type. So we can take a look at that as well.

Look forward to hearing back on this Gopal. Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Gopal,

Appreciate all your patience here!

I've been testing this out and there are some conflicts with this theme. The theme includes a learning management system, which is what CoursePress is and unfortunately, they happen to use the same post type name too, 'courses'. The only way to avoid this conflict, would be to remove that post type from the theme. This is one of the downsides of using a theme that has so many features included in it - it will likely cause conflicts with plugins.

As for the fatal error, I have found a solution for you that seems to work and not affecting other functionality.

Here is the fatal error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ot_get_media_post_ID() in /home/suppmedi/public_html/wp-content/themes/invent/framework/option-tree/ot-loader.php on line 624

As you can see the issue is coming from the option free framework within the theme. If we comment out this block:

public function shortcode( $settings, $post ) {

// Set the OptionTree post ID
          if ( ! is_object( $post ) )
            $settings['post']['id'] = ot_get_media_post_ID();

// No ID return settings
          if ( $settings['post']['id'] == 0 )
            return $settings;

// Set the fake shortcode
          $settings['ot_gallery'] = array( 'shortcode' => "[gallery id='{$settings['post']['id']}']" );

// Return settings
          return $settings;

}

Which is around line 624, then it seems to fix the issue. You may want to ask the theme developer about this too just to make sure it won't cause any issues with other parts of the theme, didn't seem to in my testing though.

That should fix the error for both our Jobs plugin and our Q&A plugin and any other plugins out there that would result in the same error. I've attached an edited copy of the ot-loader.php so you can try it out on your own site. Just overwrite the existing one, make a backup copy of the original first.

I see with MarketPress that it gives a very large featured image on the product page, we can hide that by using this CSS:

.product .featured.thumbnail.full {
      display: none;
    }

Just place that into your custom stylesheet or if you don't have one then use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Are you having any other issues with MarketPress?

Hope this helps Gopal!

Look forward to hearing back.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Gopal Krishna

Thank you for replying, Mr Tyler.

public function shortcode( $settings, $post )
    Unfortunately If comment that, the entire media is not working, like " Add Media" on posting page, so as of me its not a good Idea to commenting that.
    And MarketPress, CoursePress and Jobs & experts completely not aligning well with this theme.
    I can easily change theme's custom post types but the things are, plugins should adopt the layouts the way this is theme working.

I have been facing the problems with:
    Functionality,
    Layout
    and Custom post types

Hoping for the best fixes and suggestion.

Thank you.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Gopal,

Apologies for the delay, we're just coming off one of our busiest months ever as far as new tickets go :slight_frown:

We're in the process of hiring more staff right now to make up for the increase in support tickets :slight_smile:

I'm more than happy to take another look here. Unfortunately, it is tough when a theme has so much included customizations and integration with different plugins - it is bound to conflict with others - our plugins work great with the vast majority of themes.

I am more than willing to get one of our developers to look at that option tree fatal error for you so we can find a more workable solution around that - I missed that add media issue on my site when I was testing out the workaround.

As for the layouts, we should be able to fix that up with some CSS, I can take a look. How does that sound? :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.