Plugins Keep Deleting My Website

Why is it that we have to pay for WPMUdev when it's causing more issues then what it's worth? I have now had to totally and completely rebuild a website that is over 2 years old because when I installed a plugin it erased my whole website. A different plugin has now deleted my website AGAIN after I just got it rebuilt. My business is based upon having this website traffic. I want to would like to either get a FULL REFUND or 3 or more months for FREE. This has cost me THOUSANDS of dollars in money and time. Also why doesn't WPMUdev check these plugins, or let people know that the plugin that you allow on your site don't always work. Why would you sell a service when you know plugins delete peoples website, and why wouldn't you warn them?

I really need some answers because this is a horrible way to do business.

I need my website back and fixed or I need paid to compensate my time for you companies lack of responsibility and lack of keeping users informed what plugins work and don't work.

• Ash

Hello @Thurlow

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Would you please let us know which plugin did you installed? I can see you have tagged WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin and there is no chance to delete the website with any of us plugin.

Please let us know what happened, how did you understand the website is deleted? Was there no file in your server? Was there no data in the database? Or you were just seeing white screen in the browser? The more you include about the original issue, will help us to understand the situation and provide better support.

For billing and account related query you can contact our accounts department using our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Please let us know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Dj Weed Beatz

It's happened with SEVERAL different plugins. Today there were a couple that I was installing and I don't know exactly which one messed up the site. No folders were gone from the server I had a white screen coming up in the browser, and I couldn't get into any part of the website.

This is the 4 or 5 time that this has happened since I've used WPMU Dev. I like a lot of the plugins, but the fact that now I keep having to delete Wordpress from my site and re-install it then start all over. If this is a known issue, then there should be something big and bold saying "IF THIS HAPPENS, THEN DO THIS" I've now got the next week of my business blowin off because I have to sit here and build another website. I have to do all the SEO again, and try to match it all up the same.

Should I have backed up my website? YES I should have. But I also shouldn't have to worry about a company WHO'S SERVICE I PAY FOR to put plugins available to screw my site up in a heart beat.

• Ash

Hello @Thurlow

Let's focus on the issue you are having than blaming us. We have thousands of members using our plugins. I am really sorry that you are having some issues, please allow us to solve the problem for you :slight_smile:

No folders were gone from the server I had a white screen coming up in the browser

When you see a white screen (WSOD = White Screen Of Death) in the browser, that doesn't mean that the site is deleted, rather there is an error generated for which the site was not processed. The easiest way to fix this is delete just the plugin via ftp or cpanel from /wp-content/plguins/ folder.

If you want to troubleshoot, you can enable debug mode. That will show you what and where the error is created.

To enable debug mode please edit a line in your wp-config.php:
    Change

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

to

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Refresh the site and you will see the error instead of white screen.

Now, why it happens. Well, when you use plugins and themes from different vendors, say x, y, z it can conflict. We don't know how X coded their plugins, X doesn't know how we coded our plugins. So it happens. We just need to find out which one is causing more problem.

But in your case, as you said, you have installed 4-5 plugins and every time you saw a white screen. I think the issue is different in here than just a conflict.

Would you please let us know how did you install the plugin? Just step by step.

Also, would you please go through again installing a plugin that you had problem with? You won't lose any data, don't worry, I will show you how. Just make sure, you have cpanel or ftp details of your server :slight_smile:

Please let us know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Dj Weed Beatz

It's too late. I un-installed Wordpress from my GoDaddy server and have re-installed it. I did this before I even got a first response from you because it's the only way I know how to fix it and I didn't want to sit and wait for a response.

I don't know how To enable debug mode please edit a line in your wp-config.php: and I wouldn't know the first place to start. I'm not a pro web designer. I've been using wordpress for 3 years now and I'm still learning.

So I guess I just wait until I build the website again and wait until another plugin whites everything out, then I'll message you and find a way to try and fix it.

There's no way the WPMU Dev can find out what plugins work for what themes? This is VERY VERY frustrating and a waist of much time and money that I don't have.

I guess I don't know what else to do

• Ash

Hello @Thurlow

Yes, I understand your frustration in this type of situation :slight_frown:

We all are learning. Your feedback is very welcome, I will pass these to my higher authority for sure.

So I guess I just wait until I build the website again and wait until another plugin whites everything out, then I'll message you and find a way to try and fix it.

Anytime :slight_smile: Just feel free to post whenever you got a problem. As this is a forum, there might be delay in some replies, but we won't leave you in the ocean :slight_smile:

There's no way the WPMU Dev can find out what plugins work for what themes?

Well, all of our plugins work fine with any standard theme that is developed according to codex. Some special themes come with some additional plugins as a MUST requirement.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any issue to use any of our plugins :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.