Plugins needed: login and register form with shortcode

Hi wpmudev team,
i'm searching for two plugins (or maybe one complete solution) to achieve the following:

1. i need a login form in a special section of my page. this login form has to be inserted via a shortcode.

2. i need a registration form in a special section of my page. this registration form has to be inserted via a shortcode.

3. the text of the email, which a user receives after registration, must be editable. i want to add some additional information to the mail

=> are there plugins on wpmudev which have this functionalities?

best regards

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @cemico

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

#1 and #2: You can try this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/front-end-only-users/

#3: For this you can use a simple code, please check this one: http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/15304/how-to-change-the-default-registration-email-plugin-and-or-non-plugin

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• cemico
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Ash,
    thank you for your quick answer. The frontend only users plugin looks really nice.
    my problems with it though is, that it "CREATES SEPERATE USERS from the default WordPress users, meaning other user management plugins will have no effect on FEUP users".
    I do need the plugin intergrating into wordpress and it's existing users, because
    1. i already have users on my site
    2. i'm using woocommerce, which has a function to automatically register on purchase, which results in a wordpress standard user beeing created.

isn't there a wpmudev solution for my problems? or do you know another plugin which achieves my goals?
    i tried https://wordpress.org/plugins/pie-register/ but it's not really compatible with woocommerce ;(

best regards

• cemico
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I managed to solve the issue with pie-register and woocommerce and it's all working now.

Anyway: i'd propose a wpmudev plugin like pie register. It's always better to use wpmudev plugins than other third party ones :slight_smile:

best regards

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi Gary

The membership plugin has shortcode for login and registration but that doesn't do exactly same. Also, to use just login and registration membership is not recommended as this plugin is large and has lots of functionalities. But if you want to have a membership site, then you can use the login and registration form shortcode in your pages :slight_smile:

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.