Plugins not appearing in dashboard

Hi,

I uploaded the domain mapping plugin & multi-domain plugin as per instructions. I also uploaded several others (none as yet activated).

Only the domain-mapping & multi-domain plugins did not appear on the dashboard - either network or individual dashboards.

I have deleted them and sent them to my web guy. I noticed in one of the unpacked files that there is a mu-plugins folder in the multi-domain. Is this an issue?

Web guy is trying to alter the sunrise.php as directed in another post - but it is difficult when it does not appear in the plugins!

Just wondering what the use of the mu-plugins folder (the one separate to the plugins folder) is anyway? It confuses me a bit when there is also this file in one of the unpacked plugins (see mention above).

Cheers
Judie

• Timothy Bowers

Hey Judie.

Only the domain-mapping & multi-domain plugins did not appear on the dashboard - either network or individual dashboards.

Multi Domains as per the instructions is put into the MU folder of WP. If using both Domain Mapping and Multi Domains, you need to use the dm-sunrise.php and rename it.

Domain mapping is installed in the /plugins/ folder and network activated.

Just wondering what the use of the mu-plugins folder (the one separate to the plugins folder) is anyway? It confuses me a bit when there is also this file in one of the unpacked plugins (see mention above).

The mu-plugins folder, stands for Must Use. It isn't created by default, you must create it for WordPress. Once created any plugins which require that folder will be turned on automatically if uploaded correctly.

You won't find MU in the network plugins or the normal plugins to be activated. You will instead see a new area in the Network Admin for mu related plugins.

I hope this answers your questions. If you need anything else then please let us know.