Plugins not showing up in Pro Sites Premium Plugin section

Hello guys, are you well.

I have installed all plugins that I got with the yearly subscription...yeah!
None the following plugins ARE NOT network activated...but they are not showing up in the Premium Plugin section in pro site.

Comment Form Text
Comments Control
Content Monitor
Custom ADMIN Text
Dashboard Widget Order
Infinite SEO
Integrated Video Tutorials
Invite
Languages for WordPress
Login Image
MailChimp Integration
Mass Email Sender
Members Directory
Messaging
Multisite privacy
New Blog Templates
New Site Generator
Rebranded Meta Widget
Remove Email Verification
Select Language At Signup
Set Password
SignU pCode
Terms Of Service
Update Services
Users Widget
Who Sees Ads
One blog

I am the admin super user nd I have tried all suggestions that I have foudn in the support forum.

Please advise. Thank you for your support.

• thefixer

Ari, I have activated define( 'WP_DEBUG', true);

and this is what appears at the top of the screen

Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2923 Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2923 Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2923 Notice: Undefined variable: global_site_tags_current_version in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/global-site-tags/global-site-tags.php on line 83

• aristath

ok, obviously a plugin you have installed or your activated theme has the has_cap deprecated function.

Please try the following:

- Update ALL your themes & plugins to their latest versions
    - If that doesn't work, start deactivating your plugins one-by-one untill the error disappears.
    - If it's not plugin related, switch your theme to the default twentytwelve theme

This will help us pinpoint the reason for this...

Please let me know what plugin/theme it is that causes this issue.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• thefixer

Ari, I have done as you suggested however it seems obvious to me that the conflicintg plugin is global-site-tags (see debugging text above)

I have deactivated the plugin and the error went.

However, I have three more sites where I have similar errors, these being:

The primary site
    Undefined index: allow_override in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custom-content-dashboard-widget/custom-content-dashboard-widget.php on line 168 Notice: Undefined variable: global_site_tags_current_version in /home/ mysite /public_html/wp-content/plugins/global-site-tags/global-site-tags.php on line 83

.com/site1
    Undefined index: allow_override in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custom-content-dashboard-widget/custom-content-dashboard-widget.php on line 168

The error message on .com/site1 disappears when global-site-tags is network deactivated, even thought the error seems triggered by custom-content-dashboard-widge (see debug code)

.com/site2 (THIS IS BUDDYPRESS INSTALLED AS SECOND BLOG)
    Notice: Use of undefined constant SERVICE_SLUG - assumed 'SERVICE_SLUG' in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/_inc/functions/services-functions.php on line 2 Notice: Undefined variable: themename in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/_inc/functions/services-functions.php on line 7 Notice: Undefined index: allow_override in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custom-content-dashboard-widget/custom-content-dashboard-widget.php on line 168

The error that shows up in .com/site2, disappears if I deactivate Blogs MU theme and activate Twenty Ten theme.

I would like to remind the reason that led me to to open this discussion: I am expecting all plugins that are not network activated to appear in Pro Sites Premium plugin module.

Furthermore, I expect the themes that came with my WPMUDEV subscription to work in harmony with the plugins that also came with the subscription (see comments on .com/site2 above)

Now if there are conflicts between the plugins and themes that came with my WPMUDEV subscription, I think I will have to reconsider my options going forward.

I am sure that, together, we will come to the perfect solution so that I can start taking advantage of all plugins and themes and their functionality without experiencing glitches.

Thank you for your support.

• aristath

I have been trying to replicate your original issue and so far I couldn't.
    As for the errors you're seeing they are simply notices, nothing to worry about. PHP automatically fixes these and it they intentionally this way for compatibility with all versions of PHP.

Could you please deactivate WP_DEBUG and send me your superadmin credentials so that I may take a look?

Send an email to aristath at incsub dot com
    - Include a link to this thread so that I may track this issue more efficiently
    - Include a link to your website
    - Include your superadmin credentials (user/pass)

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath

I have received your mail, and the info was indeed helpful.

However since I can't access your site and see first-hand what is happening, we'll have to restrict ourselves to trying to figure it out offline.

First of all, the errors on your previous post are nothing to worry about.
    They are simply PHP notices, not actual errors.
    In order to ensure compatibility with all major versions of PHP and server configurations, developers sometimes have to write their code using expressions that may throw these "notices". It's nothing important and does in no way affect the functionality of your site.
    Nor are these notices relevant to the issue you're having, which is plugins not appearing in your pro-sites dashboard.

Could you possibly you post a screenshot of the settings page on Network Admin => Pro Sites => Premium Plugins ?

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath

@thefixer I'm sorry it took me so long to reply but I was hospitalized for a few days (nothing serious, everything's fine now).

I looked at the screenshots you sent me and I don't see anything out of the ordinary...

All the plugins that are not network-enabled are available on the pro-sites plugin selection screen, with the exception of some plugins that can only be network-enabled when on multi-site installs.

Could you please specify which plugins are the ones that trouble you?

Cheers,
    Ari.

• thefixer

Ari, thank you for your reply; good to hear that it was nothing serious.
    I am confused. I have emailed you a list in Excel a few days ago.
    The list shows the plugins that are network activated and that are not.
    The list also flag plugins that do not show up in the premium plugins section in t Pro Site. Please look out for "Not found" in column C of the Excel spreadsheet.

As requested, the following plugins are installed, NOT network active; nonetheless, they do not show up in the premium plugins section in Pro Site

Comment Form Text
    Comments Control
    Content Monitor
    Custom ADMIN Text
    Dashboard Widget Order
    Infinite SEO
    Integrated Video Tutorials
    Invite
    Languages for WordPress
    Login Image
    MailChimp Integration
    Mass Email Sender
    Members Directory
    Messaging
    Multisite privacy
    New Blog Templates
    New Site Generator
    Rebranded Meta Widget
    Remove Email Verification
    Select Language At Signup
    Set Password
    sIGNUP Code
    Terms Of Service
    Update Services
    Users Widget
    Who Sees Ads
    One blog

Now, are the above the plugins that you define "with the exception of some plugins that can only be network-enabled when on multi-site installs" in your post.

Not sure whether I am understanding how Pro Site works, so apologies for that.
    Thank you for your support. Any questions please ask.

• aristath

Now, are the above the plugins that you define "with the exception of some plugins that can only be network-enabled when on multi-site installs" in your post.

If you open up the main PHP file of a plugin, you'll see some info on its header.
    For example the MarketPress plugin starts like this:

<?php
    /*
    Plugin Name: MarketPress
    Version: 2.8.4
    Plugin URI: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/
    Description: The complete WordPress ecommerce plugin - works perfectly with BuddyPress and Multisite too to create a social marketplace, where you can take a percentage! Activate the plugin, adjust your settings then add some products to your store.
    Author: Aaron Edwards (Incsub)
    Author URI: http://uglyrobot.com
    Text Domain: mp
    WDP ID: 144

The Messaging plugin on the other hand looks like this:

<?php
    /*
    Plugin Name: Messaging
    Plugin URI: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/messaging
    Description: An internal email / messaging / inbox solution
    Author: S H Mohanjith (Incsub), Andrew Billits (Incsub)
    Version: 1.1.6.1
    Author URI: https://premium.wpmudev.org
    WDP ID: 68
    Network: true
    Text Domain: messaging
    */

They look similar, but they have one distinct difference:
    The messaging plugin has defined
    Network: true
    So when this plugin is on a multisite installation, it can ONLY be network-activated and NOT on a per-site basis.
    I didn't check all of the plugins on that list, I just checked 6 of them in random order and they all have Network: true defined in their header.
    It is not Pro-Sites related, it is just how WordPress works!
    Even without Pro-Sites, you wouldn't be able to use them on a per-site basis on a multisite installation.

So yes... the above plugins can only be network enabled on your installation and will not appear on the list of plugins on Pro-Sites.

I know this is a bit confusing at first and the Network: Enabled header-name is not at all documented. It is merely mentioned in the list here: http://codex.wordpress.org/File_Header#Plugin and I'll admit I had to search A LOT to find an explanation. :slight_smile:

I hope that helps clear things up!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• thefixer

Ari, I have made some changes to reflect your comments. Thank you.
    I have one question: the list that I have sent you is the list of premium plugins. I have broken the list down into 3 subscriptions: L1, L2 and L3 with L3 being the highest.

Am I right in saying that if users upgrade from L1 to L2 they will take advantage of L1 and L2 plugins? So, it is the case if users upgrade from L1 to L3 or from L2 to L3.

Also, am I right in saying that if user sign up to L3 they will take advantage of all premium plugins (those available to subscription L1, L2 and L3)

Last but not least, am I right in saying that users will also take advantage of the NETWORK ACTIVATED plugins too? (those plugins that do not show up in the premium plugins section in PRO SITE.

Thank you for clarifying this to me and for your continuous support.

• aristath

Am I right in saying that if users upgrade from L1 to L2 they will take advantage of L1 and L2 plugins? So, it is the case if users upgrade from L1 to L3 or from L2 to L3.

Also, am I right in saying that if user sign up to L3 they will take advantage of all premium plugins (those available to subscription L1, L2 and L3)

Last but not least, am I right in saying that users will also take advantage of the NETWORK ACTIVATED plugins too? (those plugins that do not show up in the premium plugins section in PRO SITE.

Affirmative. All 3 are correct. :slight_smile:
    Network-activated plugins are available to everyone and higher levels have both their plugins and the plugins of lower levels available as well. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.