Plugins randomly deactivate after updates

Plugins are randomly deactivating for my multisite powered by Pro Sites. I am the network admin. When I update plugins, they randomly get deactivated over the whole network.

• Huberson

Hi Tyler,
    Seems although support access is granted on the test site - http://sproutworxclone.flywheelsites.com - it requires a second login to access it. Is there a way you can disable that so we can help you troubleshoot?

Here are a few suggestions - Try enabling WordPress debugging, add outdated version of the plugins you were updating when the issue occurred, then try to update them again. Make sure you have all other plugins enabled when doing that. You can also take a screenshot of the activated plugins before the process for reference.

You can enable WP debugging by setting the debug flag in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

This will save all errors in a debug.log file inside the /wp-content/ directory. We can then analyze the log see if we can track the cause.

Best,
    Huberson

• Tyler

Huberson,

The password gate is fine to be posted publicly (only used to view the site) so I'll just drop it here:

u: flywheel
    p: cybersprout

I also turned on WP Debug.

I do have a new theory that the plugin updates queueing up may be causing the issue. I noticed after WP 4.8 was released, all the plugins released updates and the problem was happening a lot. I haven't seen any new updates recently and there have been no problems. I'll continue to monitor it and let you know if this holds up.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.