I'm a new member, and am having trouble identifying the proper plugin(s) for a project. Below is a high-level feature/functionality list. Basically, the primary content type for the site is a "Film", and there needs to be a community around that. Each film needs to have its own page/post location. I was thinking they should be posts so that the films could be funneled for various views (i.e., recently added, category grouping, etc.).
I am wordpress proficient and a decent designer (HTML, CSS, some JQuery, etc.). I tried utilizing your Directory plugin, but it doesn't seem to quite get me where I want to be, and appears to a pre-formatted version of Custom Press. Is there a way someone could take a look at this use-case and recommend a plugin or combination of plugins? Items with two stars (**) are not a priority for now, and could be addressed through a refactoring or complete redevelopment.
Thanks in advance for any advice, insights or examples you can share.
- Each film will have one or more video embeds, summary description, plot, cast bios, etc. This could be handled through a media slider for the embeds (i.e., nivo) and use tabs for the written stuff.
- User Relationships - can follow or click on another user see "likes", comments and reviews written by the user
- Film Comments and Comment voting (i.e., good comments get a thumbs up like in disqus, or intensedebate)
- Film Ratings - number of stars, etc., and is separate from comments. It would be good to have multiple rating categories that can have a formula applied to derive an overall rating (i.e., cinematography, plot, acting, etc.)
- Film Reviews - (A separate designation from comments that implies a somewhat structured opinion)
- Aesthetic/Feel - the site should be simple and smooth. Think appearance of Krop.com with the interactive smoothness of iOS. This is probably more about JQuery than wordpress.
- File upload/dropbox
- Dynamic user created pages ** - eventually we'll allow users to create/submit a film page themselves that will need to be approved by a site admin. There could be a basic version and a paid premium version of a films profile. Not sure if this should be treated as a "post" or perhaps as a multisite function.
- CMS for contributed content from experts, etc. Nothing exciting, and is accounted for with basic WP
- 3rd Party Login - OpenID, Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc.
- Social Network Interaction - ability to push from within the site to YouTube, Twitter, etc. via API (plugins, modules, Janrain Engage, other?)
- Manage Contests w/ Voting ** - i.e., a company or film studio offers a contest and the user community votes for the winner
- Video Streaming - this will simply require a place in the post/page template to insert embed codes for
the streaming partner(s) chosen.
- Paid Video Streaming ** - ability to offer paid access to a particular video. Subscriptions to an "area" or "group of films" is also a possibility.