Plugins to set up a provider marketplace?

I need to set up a marketplace website, where users (Customers) can request services from Providers (other user role), and got the WPMUdev account since there are a lot of potential plugins that fit that scenario. However, I think I need some help in puzzling the whole thing together.

Here is the scenario:
- A user can sign up as a Provider or Customer, and get that role in the WPMU installation.
- A Provider should get the option to add one blog as their profile blog.
- The Provider should be able to list prices - price per request or per hour (whatever is easiest with whatever plugin we use).
- A Customer should be able to open a Request, directed to a specific Provider.
- The Customer will pay the Provider via Paypal to us once the service has been performed, and we will share the income (like a percentage or minus our fixed fee) with the Provider. (This is optional at first, but we need to be able to add this functionality)
- Customers will need to be able to rate the Provider (stars + comment, optional) once the service has been performed.

So the customer flow is Signup/-in --> Search Providers --> Send a Request to a Provider --> Provider Accepts (Payment here, if enabled - escrow) --> Provider Performs the Service --> Customer Accepts (Payment released to Provider) --> Customer rates the Provider (with optional comment)

The Provider flow would be Signin --> Set up Services (including price/request) and Paypal account --> See Received Requests --> Accept a Service Request --> Perform the Service --> Mark Service Complete --> Customer accepts (Provider recieves payment) --> Provider recieves a Rating from the Customer.

Thanks for reading this far! :wink:

The above is the sketch of how this service marketplace is supposed to be set up. I would really need your help to identify which plugins to use, to match the above. Directory, Membership, Payments, whatever...

Thanks so much for helping out!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings calle,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for the great input and thought you have put into your post, it is truly eye opening as to what you have in mind.

I believe the Appointments + plugin is the place to start and building this project out around this as the base.

You will want to institute it one step at a time, adding and perfecting each piece before going on to the next to come up with one whole killer system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings calle,

Thank you for the additional input.

I choose Appointments + to start with because of the following statement you made in the original post:

A user can sign up as a Provider or Customer, and get that role in the WPMU installation.

This plugin indeed meets this criteria and more that you mentioned and we needed to start form somewhere - and this was a good place to start.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• calle
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the follow-up.

Appointments+ looks like a good plugin, but seems to be loaded with features like calendar and scheduling that I have no need for. Although reading further, I see your point about the relation between provider and client (such as the hair salon scenario).

In my case, I want a Customer to send a request to a Provider, and once both accept the job, the Provider performs the job directly, without scheduling an appointment (this is for digital services, such as designing a logo or fixing a website bug). I had envisioned more of a support system approach.

However, if the Appointments+ will play nice with other WPMUdev plugins like membership, payments and let providers have their own multisite sub-blog, perhaps I should start there, as you say. My main concern is the compatibility of plugins - and using core WP functionality.

So the question becomes: Does Appointments+ have that functionality? And will a plugin like Support System play nice with it (letting Providers reply to support tickets and FAQ)?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings calle,

Thank you for the clarification which greatly expands on the vision for what you have in mind for this site.

I have in my vision of using the Membership plugin and a support system of some sort that you can use URL groups to control access to the support system of the Provider.

If indeed that URL groups can protect URL that are sub folders but not part of WordPress then I would use the Hesk support system with a bit of customization/personalization.

Your thoughts on the above suggestions/visions?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• calle
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

I have setup a multisite with the SupportPress from Woothemes for support, including the Membership plugin to handle members. However, I want members signing up as providers to get their own site (which is working with Blog Template to setup SupportPress). My question is now; how do I setup memberhsip with payments?

I want to charge providers for some 'Pro' features - how to do that?

I want to allow providers charge membership fees to their clients - can I do that as well?

So the question is how to set it up with membership and payments - clients to signup to each provider site instead of the main service (main service is for provider signup, each provider site for their clients)?

Make sense? I would love your input.

• calle
    • Flash Drive

@bmwijaya thanks, could you elaborate a little? How should I set it up?

Marketpress - just for the payment feature, or other features? I have the Membership plugin installed, which includes payments...

Or are you suggesting Marketpress to allow clients to sign up to each site?

Which features of Pro Sites would I use, and how?

I appreciate you taking the time to reply. :wink:

• calle
    • Flash Drive

MarketPress doesn't include recurring payments / subscriptions, does it? Features like not having to be signed up to buy is an attractive feature of Marketpress, but not a core feature of what I'm trying to achieve. (Seems Paypal subscriptions could be possible on https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/recurring-payments-in-marketpress - but there's no tie-back to Marketpress to close ended subs)

I am attempting to create a support marketplace for providers/professionals to sell their services - by subscription or per-service payment - to clients they may or may not already have. Long term customers could pay for a year in advance, or with a monthly renewed subscription.

Thanks for contributing.

• bmwijaya
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

To allow each provider sign-up, please use pro-sites. This plugin can charge your provider for pro features. If you want charge to members you can integrate pro-sites with membership plugin. Sorry give you a brief due in hospital :slight_frown:.

• calle
    • Flash Drive

Hi bmwijaya,

Sorry to hear you're in the hospital, hope it's nothing serious.

The trick I haven't figured out, is how to allow members to sign up to specific pro sites. The signup link goes to the main multisite blog/site, and not to a signup page for the subsite/blog. Any suggestion there?

• calle
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the plugin - I installed and network activated it, but couldn't see a difference. The thing is, on each subsite/blog, I require login to access, so users click the Register button on there, if the want to sign up. That links to the main site instead of signup for the actual subsite. (Actually the link goes to the register page /wp-login.php?action=register for the subsite but the server redirects to the main site.

Do I need to edit the plugin or change some settings?

Thanks,
    Calle

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings calle,

Thank you for your additional post.

I think we are fighting against the way the WordPress core works redirecting everyone to the main site and logging them in there when in fact they are on a subsite.

Of course it is well known that every member of a sub site is also a network and main site member as well.

The plugin I gave above redirects the logging in member to the correct sub site when they try logging in at the main site.

Are you using Domain Mapping by any chance?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• calle
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

Thanks for following up. Yes I am using the Domain Mapping plugin.

Regarding the plugin you sent, does that mean that once a user clicks on Register on a subsite, they are redirected to the main site for signup, then once registered or signed in, redirected back to the subsite? So the new user becomes a network member but still resides in the subsite, so to speak...

Thanks,
    Calle

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Calle,

Thank you for your additional inquiry which is appreciated.

In theory that should work but not sure without a test.

The reason being is the little plugin I have put together is only meant to redirect those at the main site to the applicable sub site upon signing in but the registration process and redirection to the main site is handled by the WordPress core.

Can you please advise if this is indeed working the way we anticipate and theorize?

I look forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.