Plugins under different versions of the GPL...

I am selling a client a pre-packaged wordpress site I built out of 10 gpl plugins from WordPress.org repository and the wpmudev paid repository. Some of the plugins are licensed with different versions of the gpl (v1,v2 and v3).

Under the gpl, can I "distribute a single site" to my client which contains these 10 plugins licensed under versions 1,2 and 3 of the GPL? Will this action automatically make the entire package fall under GPL v3?

I subscribed to wpmudev 6 months ago and have experienced great customer service! Thanks again, in advance!

• aecnu

Greetings karmikovic,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

Though I am indeed not a licensing or legal expert, I do not see any problems doing what you have described whatsoever.

I would think that each individual item falls under its own individual license and that by including one of a different flavor does not give an umbrella to the rest.

It is certain that you are not going to have any issues with the WPMU Dev plugins using them in the manner you described - the most important thing I can see of all the GPL licenses is to not strip the credits out of the product coding being the most important.

But once again I am not a legal expert. If you anticipate there is going to be a problem, it may be in your best interest to consult legal counsel that specializes in this field.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.