Plugins Won't Update when Snapshot is Active

I am glad that I have figured out a workaround to this issue but I thought it was something that I should mention to you guys. When I have the Snapshot Pro app Active I am unable to update any of my other Plugins. I get Plugin errors, one of them was somehow tied to "SSL CA cert"???

So my workflow is, activate Snapshot, backup site. Then I deactivate Snapshot and update my Plugins. If you want to look around in my site to see if you can figure this out I have the Support thing open.

Thanks!
Tony

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Tony,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

There's no support access open currently to any of the sites registered with your WPMU DEV account so I wasn't able to check the issue myself. I wasn't also able to replicate it on my own test site however I noticed one other report of a similar issues (though there was no replay from member yet, so no findings about it).

That's why I'd like to ask you to enable WordPress debugging and try to update plugins again. To enable debugging please add these lines to the "wp-config.php" file of your site:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);

These lines should be located above the "/*That's all, stop editing..." line. After you add them to the "wp-config.php" file and give plugins update another try please download the "/wp-content/debug.log" file, rename it to "debug.txt" and attach to your replay here.

In case there were any additional error messages on screen during update attempt please copy them and paste in your post as well.

Looking forward for your replay,
    Adam

• Milan

Hello Tony,

Only use of that constant is to let WordPress generate error logs so we can study and analyses its effect. So if your issue is not longer in action, you can turn it off by setting its value to false.

if you want to keep it on, it may disturb your users if any other plugins throws any error or notice as that constant will force WordPress to show those on front/backend of your site.

Best Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.