plugins.php is being included as a stylesheet

I have never seen this before and I am having trouble tracking down the culprit.

When in admin console, looking at the list of plugins, only the first 2 are listed, one activated, one not.

When I look at the browser console I have a 500 error, caused by this line...

<link rel='stylesheet' id='colors-css' href='/wp-admin/plugins.php' type='text/css' media='all' />

So something, I suspect a plugin, is adding a stylesheet, but the stylesheet is plugins.php

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? I'm trying to find the plugin/theme responsible, but I currently cannot find anything that attempts to add plugins.php as a stylesheet.

Maybe there is a reason why this is being done, or a way that it could work, but I have never seen it before.

Anyone have a clue that could help me find the culprit?

Many thanks.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Kevin,

I hope you're well today!

I didn't see that before either but I think it's some "broken code" causing it, might be in a theme, might be in some plugin. I seriously doubt that any plugin is actually trying to "load plugins.php file as a style" and that's rather something "induced" by unexpected issue "under the hood".

I'll be happy to investigate that for you but taking the nature of the issue into account I would need an access to the files so I'd need a direct, full access to site instead of support access via WPMU DEV plugin.

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

I'll then check the site to find out the cause and a cure :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for additional information!

That actually might be the key to the case as there might be some code used that's simply incompatible with recent WordPress or some plugin version. I'll be happy to take a look at it anyway and, hopefully, find a solution :slight_smile:

I didn't get any message from you, though. If you didn't send it yet, that's fine - you can send it at any time that suits you. I'll be notified of it and will jump in as soon as possible. If you did send it, would you please try again, just sending directly to

contact@wpmudev.org

(just follow exactly the same format as given in my previous post).

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.