PNG/JPG conversion not working in WP-Smush with Amazon S3

With WP Offload S3 Lite active, the PNG to JPG conversion option in WP-Smush Pro does not work well. Images are indeed converted to JPG, but are not offloaded to S3, have no Smush data at all, and appear broken in the media library. However, they are accessible at their File URL.

When the PNG to JPG conversion option is disabled, PNG images are uploaded, smushed & offloaded to S3 successfully.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Josh,

Hope you're doing well.

I was testing this on my installation and I'm afraid that I can't replicate the issue there.
    I've uploaded new PNG image with S3 enabled and it was properly converted, optimized and sent to S3 servers, you can see the process in this short video here:
    https://monosnap.com/file/pEPpqZ2EF6DVVkdTwK9MB9PL0ftbXu

It looks like this is something specific to your installation, can you try disabling your other plugins so that only WPMU DEV Dash, Smush, AWS and S3 Offload plugins are enabled, switch to default WP theme and give it another try.
    This should tell us if something is messing up the Smush process.

Or if you see in my video that I'm missing any steps please let me know and I will give it another try on my installation.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.