po files have mistakes

More than using poEdit, I prefer to use the WordPress plugin "Codestyling Localization".

When translating languages files for the Events+ plugin, I see this warning:
"Warning: The actual loaded translation content contains mixed textdomains and is not pure translateable within one textdomain.
It seems, that there is code contained extracted out of other plugins, themes or widgets and used by copy & paste inside some source files.
The affected unknown textdomains are: wpmudev, wdfb, agm_google_maps "

I believe this must be corrected immediately as makes some strings untranslatable and useless.

Thanks.

• Vladislav

Hello,

I agree that there were mistakes in Events+ localization, and the very next update will take care of those. I'm attaching the fixed version in the meanwhile.

However, translating the plugin with "Codestyling Localization" still won't work because it relies on pretty crude heuristics for determining text domain: it relies on some sort of regular expression matching for data extraction, makes assumptions instead of using supplied info and has absolutely no notion of class constants. Thank you for mentioning this plugin, I really like the idea (although I don't care too much about the author attitude), and hopefully the pending 2.0 release will address those. For now, I'm also attaching my attempt at a fixed version, this one at least attempts to understand the concept of class constant. I'm attaching just the changed main plugin file, my changes are marked and are at about lines 445 - 480. The attached two updates seemed to work well for me.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.