Poedit & Custom Language file problems

I reverted back our plugin to 1.9 due to a different issue. Upon doing so it wiped out my custom language edits. I grabbed our old one, verified the edit and uploaded the .mo & .pot files but it's not reflecting the changes. See screenshot. Also the Free Busy Not Possible legend changes I changed are not updating.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Suzy

I trust you are doing well today!

Do you have a cache plugin? Purging cache from all pages should show the changes.

Here are some cache plugins that are most commonly used in the WordPress community:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-cache/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/w3-total-cache/

You can find more information about them here:

The Top 3 WordPress Caching Plugins

If this will not work, you can easily make these changes with the Ultimate Branding plugin, replace any word or phrase; for example replace "Service Provider" with the "Party Provider" on front or/and backend.

In Branding, enable the "Network Wide Text Change" module, the "Text Change" tab; place the phrase or text you wish to replace in the "Find this text" field, and the text you wish to show in the "and replace it with" field.

Let me know if you require any additional assistance!

Cheers,

Nastia

• Suzy
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

We do not have any cache plugins. Things change to often to make that useful to us.

I will install the branding plugin, hopefully it doesn’t require the full subscription as we have a single membership to appointments+ only!

Thanks for your help Nastia !

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Suzy

I hope all is well!

I am afraid that you can’t download the Ultimate Branding plugin with singe subscriptions. I have tested to change the text with the .mo and .po files to a different language and it worked. However, changes in the appointments-en-GB.po doesn’t make any changes.

I have asked a second level support to provide a feedback here. Once I have an update, I will post it right back here.

Have a nice day and take care!

Cheers,

Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Suzy

I hope you are doing well today!

Me and my colleagues have confirmed that specifically the text change in English language isn’t applying to the Appointments+. I have flagged it to the plugin developer, so he can have a closer look.

Once there is a feedback from him, I will post it back here.

Thank you for your patience!

Kind Regards,

Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Suzy

Hope all is well today!

I had a feedback from a developer, please make sure to upload the po + mo files in wp-content/languages/plugins folder.

If you still have issues with a translation please send to us your credentials so we could have a closer look.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: “Attn: Nastia”

-WordPress admin username

-WordPress admin password

-login url

-FTP credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant urls

Select “I have a different question” for your topic. Ensure that the subject line is “Attn: Nastia” so it gets assigned to me.

Let us know how it goes!

Kind Regards,

Nastia

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Suzy,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for sending in the FTP and WordPress admin details. I created languages and plugins folders for you in wp-content folder that will contain the language files for each of your plugin (if you have any).

I checked the translations files in the appointments/languages folder but found no translations files than the default languages templates that comes bundle with the plugin.

If you still have the old translation files then move into wp-content/languages/plugins folder. This should work this time.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.