points transfer system

hi all

1 - With this plugin, would it allow points transferring between members, for example, member 1 has 1500 points, and wishes to transfer some of that to member 2

2 - can members have portfolio pages based on their access levels
eg: level 1 - just a 1 line entry
level 2 - company description
level 3 - company description & banner adds (managed manually)

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

1 - With this plugin, would it allow points transferring between members, for example, member 1 has 1500 points, and wishes to transfer some of that to member 2

There is no points integration with this plugin, sorry.

Are you referring to something like Cubepoints?

2 - can members have portfolio pages based on their access levels
    eg: level 1 - just a 1 line entry
    level 2 - company description
    level 3 - company description & banner adds (managed manually)

Membership does not provide profile pages.

Perhaps you might like to consider something like BuddyPress for that aspect of things, you can then create as many fields as you like.

You wouldn't get banners out that though. You would unfortunately need to look at doing something custom there. sorry.

Take care.

• creativehand
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

hi

we are setting up a barter member trading portal, so ideally, if a member purchases from another member, they should be able to pay for that from their credit balance (ie, the points balance) instead of having to make a cash payment

I have a third party application that we have written to do this, but it makes much more sense to try and integrate it into the one system if possible

alternatively, i guess, if i can sync user data, and then they just have the 2 login screens, but using the same data

login 1 - view website, comment on users, rate etc

login 2 - make transfers for purchase/recieve for sales

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

You know that really does sound awesome!

As I mentioned, there is not anything just yet for Membership or MarketPress (although cube points works in MarketPress) but I'd love to see some kind of barter system where you can also purchase credits/points.

alternatively, i guess, if i can sync user data, and then they just have the 2 login screens, but using the same data

Providing both systems are on WordPress, you should only need one log in.

Even though it isn't possible here, I would love to see how you get on with this and where it leads for you :slight_smile:

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

I presume your PHP application is MySQL database driven?

If so then perhaps look at making a plugin which interfaces the two?

They could share the same DB or use a remote connection. The plugin could hook into WP and feed back to your separate application.

I would imagine it will take some work to get that done though. Did you have the application made for you, or is it available out there?

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.