Pop Over not showing up in Brazil

I've set-up a pop up that's supposed to show in Brazil. My contacts say they do not see it. If I use a proxy server, I do not see it. I've installed your plug-in on the live site and the test site. If I set no conditions, the pop-up appears (live site and test site). If I set them as shown in the screen shot, the pop-up does not appear in Brazil. I have not yet checked to see if "anywhere but the USA" functions.

Please advise.

• Talis
    • New Recruit

I appreciate the quick response. I've seen another post very similar to mine in tech support. I do not know its date. Please let me know when to expect resolution. I bought this specifically to show a pop-up to Brazil.

• Talis
    • New Recruit

So you know, I've checked other settings with a person that lives in the Czech Republic (I'm in the USA)...
    No conditions (show the world) = he sees it, I see it
    Condition: Do not show to USA = he sees it, I do not see it
    Condition: Show only to Czech Republic = he does NOT see it, I do not see it

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Talis,

I hope you are well today

I have notice the developer about this issue, so he can include the fix in future release.

In the meantime, please download the attachment and extract it, you will see the sql file. Please import it to your phpmyadmin, using the current wordpress database. And please make sure you backup the database before doing any changes.

If this too complicate, can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include cPanel (I will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me. So I can help you install that :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Just to echo @Hoang Ngo and his recommendation, the default plugin geolocation method is geared more towards ease of setting up and use, at the expense of some precision. For cases where the default method won't cut it (such is yours), the plugin also comes with the additional, more precise geolocation method, although it's a tad more involved to set up. Basically, the short version of the instructions are just as Hoang explained - for a bit more elaborate walkthrough, you may want to check the project usage page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/the-pop-over-plugin/#usage The relevant section is titled "Using a Local Geo-Database", towards the bottom of the page.

• Talis
    • New Recruit

Hoang (and to the last poster),

Thank you for the detailed responses. I noticed the add-on toward the end of yesterday. We installed the local database and it worked fine. Client is pleased.

Thanks for being attentive,

Talis

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.