Pop Up! Caused my whole site to go white

Upon uploading the plugin, the whole site went down, and I had to delete the files in the wpcontent folder to bring the site up. Any ideas before I ask for a refund?

Thanks.:slight_smile:

• Nick

Courtney,

Any chance you could share a link to the broken site? It's a bit hard to diagnose the issue from your description. If sharing a link is not possible, can you be a little more descriptive in what the problem is? (ie, instead of "the site went down", maybe what happens is "the page loads, but everything's white and I can't click anything" or, "an error message with this text displays", etc.).

Thanks,
    Nick

• Timothy Bowers

Quite often this is a memory issue. The more code you run, the more users you have, the more memory is consumed.

Can you please check your servers error log and let me know the error output please.

If you had the plugin enabled you can often check by using WordPress debug.

To output the WordPress debugging information you can open your wp-config.php file and change:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

You can also have these errors output to a debug.log file located in your /wp-content/ folder, to do this add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

Using WP_DEBUG would put the errors on the site, you can hide those and just have them out put the WP_DEBUG_LOG (if set to true) by using this as well:

define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Let me know what you find, this will let us know what the cause of the error is so we can assist further.

Have a great day!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.