Pop Up! Create a single popover for multisite

Hi,

I'm trying to set up one single popover which shows up on all the subdomains in my network install - and control the behavior of it globally. My goal is to have this one popover show up, but not show up as the user goes from subdomain to subdomain.

Problem - I can't get a popover to show up on any subdomains but my top level domain.

I've added the following to my wpconfig file as in the use instructions, and tried the plugin just activated on my TLD, then network activated. Not working.

define(‘PO_GLOBAL’, true);

Any help?

• michael_boldin
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

FYI - I think this might be a caching issue. I'm turning off the Object/Transient Cache that's provided by WPengine. Can you still check and see if it appears to be working properly? I have it set to show to users only once, as long as they're not on the page /donate

And if you see this as a caching issue, can you recommend anything that can be done?

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@michael_boldin

You only need to network activate in in your network admin settings it wont need activating on the top level tld. You create the pop over in the network admin settings only.

On to the second part of the question, I will need to bring the developer in as even clicking the never show this again still displays the pop up on consequent subsites, hopefully there can be a workround for this.

Cheers

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

And if you see this as a caching issue, can you recommend anything that can be done?

If you have the plugin set to use the external load or custom loading methods then caching won't be an issue.

I've added the following to my wpconfig file as in the use instructions, and tried the plugin just activated on my TLD, then network activated. Not working.

define(‘PO_GLOBAL’, true);

Did you activate the plugin on a single site first, then network activate? You may need to reset the plugins settings, as it may think it is activated and had it's tables created for single site, and then didn't make the global version.

Are you getting any sql errors in your php error log? can you check if there is a wp_popover table in your database and that your updates / pop ups are being stored in it?

• michael_boldin
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks, Tom - I appreciate you checking on this and for finding this other issue that needs to be resolved.

Unfortunately, I don't have an option to create a pop over in the network admin settings. I only have an option to create one in my top-level domain.

Any other help or advice you or the developer can offer would be most appreciated. thanks again!

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I'm seeing lots of popover tables in sql. WP_10 through wp_21. The earlier ones all appear to be empty. 20 and 21 have data in them.

Do you see one called wp_popover (without the numbers)? That should be there for the global processing method, the ones with numbers are site specific ones.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.