Pop Up Curl error when activated

Hi,

I am getting this error when I activate the plugin. Can you help?

cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 5000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello phillip , I trust you are doing well today!

This means that the site didn't get any response from the server for 50 seconds. There might have been spike in server traffic on the host, would you please try again?

If you will have the same error again, would you please check with your web host if they are blocking outgoing cURL connections ? Also maybe ask them to increase the time out for connections.

If the above will not help, please grant access from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a closer look?

Cheers,
    Nastia

• phillip
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

thanks for the response. So it seems cURL is open and limits are set fine.

I can tell you if you go to edit any of the pop ups your will see the error, then if you click Preview, the Header, Subheader and Image appear but NOT the body text. Perhaps that is a clue as to whats happening?
    Thanks!

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello phillip , I hope you are doing well today!

My apologies for the delay here, I was away for a few days. I've logged into your site with no issue now.

This error message appears because there is no timeout set in header and footer check.

Would you please add the following to your functions.php:
    add_filter("http_request_timeout", function($timeout) { return 5; });

If the Curl Error will be still there, play with value 5, make it higher.

Please note, that after an update this code will be lost, so it will be preferable to add it to functions.php of your child theme. See here how to create a child theme.

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.