Pop Up does not load from the center

My site: yourkickasslife.com

Why is the popup initially loading from the left and then jumping over? I have tried all the settings: external, page and custom.

• Alexander

Hi @Mauri,

This shouldn't be visible. It looks like it has to do with the pop up being repositioned by javascript. It's placed on the left with CSS, and then javascript is used to move it to the center.

I think the main problem is with your server. To fully load all the resources for your home page, it takes over 12 seconds. See the attached screenshot.

You can try this for yourself by using the "Network tab" of your browsers development tools. In Chrome go to "View -> Developer -> Javascript Console" and in Firefox you can go to "Tools -> Web Developer -> Console"

Because it's loading everything so slowly, there are many rendering issues. For example, sometimes you see the background for a moment with nothing on it.

You may not notice how slow it is because many of the elements are cached in your browser already.

Best regards,

• Mauri

Thanks for your help Alex. You pointed me in the right direction. I made a few changes since performance is not something my client wants to dive into. I forced the pop up to start 600px into the page so that the java script would provide a small hop and not a large hop. I am also considering having the pop up show up delayed. This way, the code should already load. I havent tested this.

I am going to mark this as complete and I am extremily happy with your explanation. You also taught me how to use the debug tools in chrome. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.