Pop up issues

Hello, I'm having issues with Pop up pro. Anytime I active a pop up it shows up on my website as a black/dark gray box over my whole site, and then I can't click on anything or close it. This started about 3 days ago, and I'm not sure why. I just updated to the latest WordPress version and it still didn't help.
I've already given permission to the support here via the button on the WPMU support tab in WordPress. I haven't changed anything with the pop ups so that concerns me. Additionally, the pop up that's supposed to work for when the mouse leaves the browser hasn't worked in a long time, so maybe you can look into that after the main issue is fixed?
I would love to understand the issue so if you fix it please let me know how so I can hopefully avoid this issue in the future. Thank you!

• Luís

Hi Marketing ,

Hope you're doing well today!

It was already reported some conflicts in this new version of PopUp Pro, some codes that worked in the previous version are not working now.

So, I made some modifications in the code of your second pop up, wrapping the code inside a function. Can you give a look, please?

If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Panos

Hi Marketing ,

I tried logging in your admin but I get this message :
    The admin did not enable remote access. Please ask the user to grant access.

Anyway in order to debug this I would need ftp access so you can sent all required info privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question?" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis"

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Before sending this info you can try removing any js included in the pop up content and place it in the wp_footer action by adding the following snippet on your theme's functions.php file:

add_action( 'wp_footer', 'wpmudev_popup_script_on_footer' );

function wpmudev_popup_script_on_footer(){
    ?>
    //Paste you js here :)
    <?php
    }

and then copy paste the javascript included in the content of your popup after the commented line of the snippet.

Thanks!
    Panos

• Panos

Hi Marketing ,

Thanks for sending you info in

Although we for debugging we require ftp connection I used wp editor from Appearance > Editor.

This is not recommended cause if something goes wrong there then the site might break and only way to fix it is by ftp access.

Anyhow, the modification I did wasn't related to php so it wasn't so risky.

There was a js error regarding "hbspt" variable from probably by plugin HubSpot for WordPress.

I added the following line at your footer.php file:
    <script charset="utf-8" src="//js.hsforms.net/forms/current.js"></script>
    and seems to be fixing it. Could you please check if it works on you side? You will need to re-activate the pop ups as I have de-activated them.

I have visited all pages from the menu to check if this modification would affect anything else. It seems OK to me, but if you notice any relevant js error on you console please let me know In such case you could send cPanel credentials if you don't have ftp

Thanks!
    Panos

• Mahlamusa

Hello Marketing,

I hope you are having a nice day so far.

I just want to confirm if you still need help with this issue or you got it resolved.

I visited your website and I see nice Popups on Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge browser. This gives me the impression that the issue was resolved but it is always good to hear from you if this was resolved by a latest update or by the fix implemented on your site.

Please do let us know if you still need help with regards to this issue and we will be happy to help in anyway we can.

I hope you enjoy your day further.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa