Pop Up opening on a link click

How do i make it so when someone clicks on a link the pop up opens rather than it opening automatically on a page?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

With the latest plugin release (v4.5), this is now possible via the “Show on click rule” add-on. Once you activate this add-on, you will have another rule in your conditions list, which you can activate by dragging in the active rules area. This popover will then only be shown when the visitor click the element designated in the “Selector” field. By default, this field is set to “A”, which means that clicking any link on your page will cause the popover to be shown.

• Marc-Olivier
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,

I am using the latest version 4.6.1.2.

I have configure my popup to show when I click on a link with the proper anchor selector:

<a id="lien-test-endurance" href="#">some link</a>

However this brings my user back to the very top of the page and I don’t want that. I want them to continue reading where they left.

How can I do that?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Marc-Olivier,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thank you for your question.

Could you please try using the following HTML code?

<a id="lien-test-endurance" href="#" onclick="return false;">some link</a>

Ideally its not a good process to post on a thread a year old. The plugin has changed since then and so has WordPress :slight_smile:

Especially the original ticket creator might not like the thread to be hijacked :slight_smile: Just a suggestion, no stress !

To help keep support tickets separate, could you please open a new thread for your new question https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question This helps to prevent any confusion (for us) as I’m sure you understand.

This might also help other members looking for a similar answer. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Marc-Olivier,

I have tested on my test site using return false and found it’s working fine without bringing user back to the top of the page.

Could you please share me the page link where you are displaying this link with setting return false so that i can troubleshoot it?

Have you you considered creating new topic for your this question as described in my previous reply?

Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.