Pop Up Plugin Country Restriction & Flash Issue

Hi, I used a rule to display only to visitors outside the US, but I’m seeing that it displays to me here in the US.

Another issue is that the pop up is hidden behind flash elements (at least in IE).. is there a fix for this?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tate_dwinnell,

Thank you for this great questions and bringing these significant issues to our attention.

I used a rule to display only to visitors outside the US, but I’m seeing that it displays to me here in the US

Thank you for bringing this issue into the spotlight again. It is not that there is an issue with the plugin itself. The problem is in the Geo Location database that the plugin uses and its inaccuracies.

Of course this does not mention the fact that Arin, Apnic, Ripe, etc. records are accurate either, in which I have proven outside of WPMU Dev they are not.

Therefore it is my opinion that even with a very competent GEO location database this feature will never be 100% because of the aforementioned authorities cannot get it right themselves, the source of all IP’s and assignments.

Another issue is that the pop up is hidden behind flash elements (at least in IE).. is there a fix for this?

This issue I personally cam across last night as I was working on a separate issue and thank you for reporting it.

It can be seen and demonstrated here on my test production server:

http://aecnuwpmu.us/

And it is true that from my testing the problem is only in IE9 – but no surprise there.

I am now going to discuss it with the lead developer – to get a fix sorted for you asap.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.