Pop up pro - disclaimer

Hi, writing to see if this plugin could be modified so that it could be displayed when a shortcode is called upon. The reason behind is I want to modify it so first time users will always see the popup and if user agree it would save a variable to a cookie and would not see the message again until cookie is cleared.

So I am hoping to say add something on the header.php if($_SESSION['active'] == "false") { do_shortcode('[popup1]'); }. Was wondering if this would work with this plugin?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Timothy,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I'm afraid that PopUp doesn't have such option but I might have a workaround for you.

What you can do is enable Add "Never see this message again" link option in your popup and set your desired expiry time.
    This way Popup will show Never see this message again link and if user clicks that the popup will not show until the entered time expires or the browser data is cleared.

Now we would need to change the text of that link to "Agree", you can use translation files that come with the plugin or you can change it with a plugin like Ultimate Branding and its text change module.

That would take care of the Agree part, but there's still Decline needed.
    You can add Decline link in your popup like this:
    <a href="#" class="wdpu-close custom-close">Decline</a>
    And add a bit of CSS so it doesn't get stuck on top corner with other close button:

.wdpu-close.custom-close:before {
        content: none;
    }

.wdpu-close.custom-close {
        position: relative;
    }

Save your settings and you should have your desired functionality, there might be some additional CSS needed to make the links look like buttons and to position them differently but that depends on how you want it to look.
    If you need some additional help with styling let us know.

Below are also some screenshots to show how to setup popup.

Best regards,
    Predrag