Pop up will not close after form submitted

I am using Pop Up Pro on this page: http://www.rdvsystems.com/visualize-quickly-effectively/
After the form is filled out and submitted, the pop up "pops up" again instead of closing. I have tried this plugin on 2 different wordpress websites and it has the same problem on both.

In the settings, I have set the "Closing pop up conditions" to: "Always close after form submit"
This does not work.

I am using WordPress version 4.7.2
My theme is the Themeco X Theme

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Blaine Perry,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I visited the page in question and it seems that the form is not submitted via AJAX because after you click Submit, the entire page reloads. The popup is then invoked again and I suppose it is set to show up each time when a visitor opens the page.

There's a condition that you may enable on "PopUp -> Settings" page: "PopUp" details. It adds "PopUp shown less than" condition to popup settings which you could set to "1" and that way a popup would be displayed to the user only once (unless the user clears cookies in browser or uses a different browser).

That being said, if a form was submitted via AJAX, the popup should be closing without reloading the page. I'm not sure however how the form on your site works so can you please tell me where does it come from (3rd party site, a plugin - which one) and how is it placed in popup content?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Blaine Perry

Hi Adam,

The form is just simple custom html that I got from a marketing company that I am using called Net-Results. It is placed right in the Main Content area. But even when I try to use a "Contact Form 7" form instead, I get the same results. The page refreshes after the form is submitted, which causes the pop up to come back again.
    As far as changing the settings in Settings>PopUp Details, I am unable to change a number in that setting. It is just a checkbox. See attached screenshot.

• Dimitris

Hey there Blaine Perry,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

As far as changing the settings in Settings>PopUp Details, I am unable to change a number in that setting. It is just a checkbox. See attached screenshot.

There should be an extra condition option in popup edit screens called "PopUp shown less than"

Let us know how that works for you!
    Take care,
    Dimitris